Should CCC move to another server??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Whether CCC Should Be Moved To A New Server??

Yes
45%
No
43%
No opinion
11%

Total votes: 44

Sean Evans

Should CCC move to another server??

Post by Sean Evans »

I under ChessUSA.com is worried about potential lawsuits for allowing links to derivative/clone programs and even discussion of these programs. However, it makes sense to me to have this forum moved to a server where the users can decide on the posting content rather than a third-party, that doesn't really care about computer chess or the computer chess Internet community.

Cordially,

Sean :)
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: Should CCC move to another server??

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Sean Evans wrote:I under ChessUSA.com is worried about potential lawsuits for allowing links to derivative/clone programs and even discussion of these programs. However, it makes sense to me to have this forum moved to a server where the users can decide on the posting content rather than a third-party, that doesn't really care about computer chess or the computer chess Internet community.

Cordially,

You should probably add if it moves will you pay towards it?
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:I under ChessUSA.com is worried about potential lawsuits for allowing links to derivative/clone programs and even discussion of these programs. However, it makes sense to me to have this forum moved to a server where the users can decide on the posting content rather than a third-party, that doesn't really care about computer chess or the computer chess Internet community.

Cordially,

You should probably add if it moves will you pay towards it?
First issue is does the majority want a move.

Second issue is to which server. This will take further discussion.

Cordially,

Sean :idea:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Cordially,

Jeremy has set up his new forum to cater for these demands. The posting rules there seem to be almost a direct cut and paste from the CCC charter.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Graham Banks wrote:

Cordially,

Jeremy has set up his new forum to cater for these demands. The posting rules there seem to be almost a direct cut and paste from the CCC charter.
Well, it worked well up to now. I personally quite like the CCC charter.

Peter
swami

Post by swami »

alpha123 wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cordially,

Well, it worked well up to now. I personally quite like the CCC charter.

Peter
Yeah the charter works fine. Chris Whittington is the author of CCC charter, and he gave permission to Jeremy to use the CCC charter with some modification.
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:shock: Really :!: :?:

I thought Graham was the charter author :?:
swami wrote:Yeah the charter works fine. Chris Whittington is the author of CCC charter, and he gave permission to Jeremy to use the CCC charter with some modification.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mariaclara wrote::shock: Really :!: :?:

swami wrote:Yeah the charter works fine. Chris Whittington is the author of CCC charter, and he gave permission to Jeremy to use the CCC charter with some modification.
The charter was set up by the founders, of which Chris Whittington was one. Nothing to do with me.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:

The charter was set up by the founders, of which Chris Whittington was one. Nothing to do with me.
She was polling your legs Graham....Marie is a kind soul with a marvelous sense of humor :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

She was polling your legs Graham....Marie is a kind soul with a marvelous sense of humor :wink:
I suspected it, but the emoticons used made me wonder. :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com