To everyone falling on their own swords

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

To everyone falling on their own swords

Post by Dann Corbit »

Free speach is a myth anyway, look at Mark Cuban. A bit over $2 million for saying he does not approve of the NBA officiating.

Will a dozen new chess forums do anything good? There are already too many.

I don't have a solution to the problem. But a new forum is not the solution either. And falling on the blade just leaves a mess in the living room. And then you have to explain that mess to the missus, and she wants a pretty good explanation.
benstoker

Re: To everyone falling on their own swords

Post by benstoker »

Dann Corbit wrote:Free speach is a myth anyway, look at Mark Cuban. A bit over $2 million for saying he does not approve of the NBA officiating.

I don't have a solution to the problem. But a new forum is not the solution either. And falling on the blade just leaves a mess in the living room. And then you have to explain that mess to the missus, and she wants a pretty good explanation.
But you do have solution. Your solution is to simply NOT go to another forum and instead stay here and, implicitly, tolerate the censorship.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

benstoker wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:Free speach is a myth anyway, look at Mark Cuban. A bit over $2 million for saying he does not approve of the NBA officiating.

But you do have solution. Your solution is to simply NOT go to another forum and instead stay here and, implicitly, tolerate the censorship.
Yes, the censorship! the pain! the abuse! the slavery! the human rights violations!
EDIT: And the war crimes!

Miguel
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

michiguel wrote:
benstoker wrote:

Yes, the censorship! the pain! the abuse! the slavery! the human rights violations!

Miguel
I wish you the best as you embark on your new career as an apologist for censorship. Ridicule will hearten those already in your camp, but has zero persuasive value for those engaging in a rational discussion of the issue.
Milos

Post by Milos »

michiguel wrote:
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Milos wrote:
michiguel wrote:

THEN THEY CAME for me
THEN THEY CAME and move a thread to another subforum

Miguel
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:idea: yes.

Jeremy,

I believe the root problem is not "censorship", but the ego of some people.

They just can't go on without being applauded/ and having "power/control" even if only in this exclusive world of computer chess.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
Milos

Post by Milos »

michiguel wrote:
Milos wrote:
michiguel wrote:

THEN THEY CAME for me
THEN THEY CAME and move a thread to another subforum
Give them a little more power and they are going to do much worse things...
And when you agree with them diminishing everything bad they do becomes so easy, doesn't it?
Last edited by Milos on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

benstoker wrote:
michiguel wrote:
benstoker wrote:

Miguel
I wish you the best as you embark on your new career as an apologist for censorship. Ridicule will hearten those already in your camp, but has zero persuasive value for those engaging in a rational discussion of the issue.
Don't be a bear... Use Linux, like me.

Miguel
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

michiguel wrote:
benstoker wrote:
michiguel wrote:
benstoker wrote:

Miguel
Don't be a bear... Use Linux, like me.

Miguel

The penguin poster rocks!!!!!!!