Accounts to delete

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Matthias Gemuh

Accounts to delete

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Let us make it easy for Graham to know which accounts to delete.
Just reply or post in this thread and your CCC account will be deleted.

Good bye Talkchess !

Matthias Gemuh.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Stephen Ham
Full name: Stephen Ham

Re: Accounts to delete

Post by Stephen Ham »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:Let us make it easy for Graham to know which accounts to delete.

Good bye Talkchess !

Matthias Gemuh.
Hello Matthias,

Please defer your request until after you read Sam Hull's post. It seems there was a large general misunderstanding of ICD's/Quentin's communication to the Moderators.

Both Jeremy and especially Graham Banks misunderstood the communication, prompting Graham to resume his strange moderation behavior, thus causing Jeremy to resign.

Sam said he clarified the communication for Graham again. Hopefully Graham will then reverse all of his previous actions. If Graham can be brought under control, and Jeremy returns as Moderator, then we may get our beloved CCC back.

All the best,
Steve
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Stephen Ham wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:Let us make it easy for Graham to know which accounts to delete.

Good bye Talkchess !

Matthias Gemuh.
Hello Matthias,

Please defer your request until after you read Sam Hull's post. It seems there was a large general misunderstanding of ICD's/Quentin's communication to the Moderators.

Both Jeremy and especially Graham Banks misunderstood the communication, prompting Graham to resume his strange moderation behavior, thus causing Jeremy to resign.

Sam said he clarified the communication for Graham again. Hopefully Graham will then reverse all of his previous actions. If Graham can be brought under control, and Jeremy returns as Moderator, then we may get our beloved CCC back.

All the best,
Steve
I understand you but the CCC cannot survive with Graham as mod.
Remember that I resigned as mod because Graham accepted no compromise and his views are unbearable to many.

Matthias.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Running amok players!

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hello Matthias,

we life not in middle age. No reason again for burning of witches ... better ... to pillaroy persons like Graham. Graham do here job only ... for all of us ... for you too.

To open a new forum isn't the right solution.

Chess players supposed to be very intelligent.
Its time for a good solution we all can life with it.
I am sure to write a chess program is more complicated as to search a solution for this bad situation.

A new forum?
On the other hand why not???

Computerchess should be the topic I think. Freeware and commercial chess could be wonderful. Means without threads we can read that persons understand the copy and paste function.

Hey, we are computer chess players and no running amok players.

Best
Frank
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Matthias Gemuh wrote: I understand you but the CCC cannot survive with Graham as mod.
Remember that I resigned as mod because Graham accepted no compromise and his views are unbearable to many.

Matthias.
I thought that you and I had settled our differences a while back. :(

Anyway, all the best in further developing ChessGUI. It is still my preferred GUI for engine v engine testing and I appreciate the hard work you've put into it.

Regards,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Graham Banks wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote: I understand you but the CCC cannot survive with Graham as mod.

Matthias.
I thought that you and I had settled our differences a while back. :(

Anyway, all the best in further developing ChessGUI. It is still my preferred GUI for engine v engine testing and I appreciate the hard work you've put into it.

Regards,
Graham.
Hi Graham,

my statement above is not made with any bitterness towards you.
I am simply stressing that a readiness for some degree of compromise can really improve one's image and is vital for moderating in a team.
Your rigidness can help only if you moderate alone or with very like-minded.
I consider you a nice guy, but definitely not as mod.

Regards,
Matthias.
Laszlo Gaspar

Post by Laszlo Gaspar »

I have been a regular reader here on Talkchess for years and although I rarely post this is the point where I have to express my opinion about this issue.

First of all I have to tell you that I'm supporting Graham in every way!

I came to know him as one of the most kind, polite and tolerant person who also contributed to the community with regular testings and rating news. I have never read a comment from him bashing other people because of their different opinion! It just happenes that he as a moderator fights against clone advertisements because of his view of life.

And he is completely right! What the "authors" of the infamous I* series did is simply a criminal activity. Stealing others intellectual property and harming many programmmers living prospects in a big extent is the same as stealing money from people. You, Matthias, as a programmer yourself have to understand how much effort is to get to world class level. And now it is in vain.
This is not about the kibitzers' rights who wants everything free of charge and don't care about the circumstances.

The mentioned programs are clones proved to 99,9%. This is enough for a person with a scientific thinking, believers cannot be convinced about anything.

On the other hand it can happen that the community accepts the situation and talks about clones. It happened that we elected the moderation teams knowing who thinks what about the issue. This is the democracy. Until the next election we have to live with the recent moderation which I admit is satisfactory for me. But it is not acceptable that Graham cannot speak.
If somebody wants to deal with clones look elsewhere. And keep Talkchess cleaner.

If somebody wants to go, go!
Graham, please, stay!
Regards,
László
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Matthias Gemuh wrote: I am simply stressing that a readiness for some degree of compromise can really improve one's image and is vital for moderating in a team.
its becoming more and more obvious that we need like-minded team members as moderators for a smooth-running board
Derek Jones..to his credit has been calling for TEAMS to be elected for years now

other then the fact that the software probably cannot handle team candidates..i really see no reason why this shouldn't be the way to go from here-on in

personally if i were on a team where one mod was acting unilaterally against the wishes of the other two mods i would try to "undo"" whatever moderation took place by the errant mod
if that meant moving posts back after being moved..i would move it
or undeleting posts that were deleted...then i would undelete them (posts are not really deleted..but moved to the mod archive)
no matter how many back and forth times this would have to take place
admittedly this is messy and causes havoc but the one thing i would NOT do is resign because of the actions of one wayward mod
the members voted for those they felt would do the best job and sometimes that means putting up a fight for them

team candidates is the way to go

Best Regards
Steve
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Steve B wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote: I am simply stressing that a readiness for some degree of compromise can really improve one's image and is vital for moderating in a team.
its becoming more and more obvious that we need like-minded team members as moderators for a smooth-running board
Derek Jones..to his credit has been calling for TEAMS to be elected for years now

other then the fact that the software probably cannot handle team candidates..i really see no reason why this shouldn't be the way to go from here-on in

personally if i were on a team where one mod was acting unilaterally against the wishes of the other two mods i would try to "undo"" whatever moderation took place by the errant mod
if that meant moving posts back after being moved..i would move it
or undeleting posts that were deleted...then i would undelete them (posts are not really deleted..but moved to the mod archive)
no matter how many back and forth times this would have to take place
admittedly this is messy and causes havoc but the one thing i would NOT do is resign because of the actions of one wayward mod
the members voted for those they felt would do the best job and sometimes that means putting up a fight for them

team candidates is the way to go

Best Regards
Steve
You have a point there, Steve.
When I resigned, I fellt like I had betrayed everybody who voted for me.
I was not prepared for those post-election issues.
People like me, who lack stamina in team-internal fights, should either never run for mod or only in a team of like-minded.

Regards,
Matthias.
kingliveson

Post by kingliveson »

Good bye Talkchess !

Matthias Gemuh.
Thought I had posted my last comments on this server. I can be added to that list.

Franklin