Hydra

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Hydra

Post by jshriver »

Anyone have any news on the Hydra software/hardware combo? Last I heard they doubled their FPGA count but haven't seen any new games in a year or so.

-Josh
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

I miss the King Hydra ...

Post by Father »

:D :D :D ... In my humble opinion Hydra has been the best chess computer has ever been. The computer that searched a super- score against a super- Grand Master "Mister Adams."

A computer that I had the chance and the opportunities to see playing it against many other chess computers in man versus machine into playchess.com engines room.

Hydra had a profile better than another chess computer. It was running in a super hardware as fast as Deep Blue was and with beautiful software. These days when Hydra was usually playing in engines room were the "Gold-days" from chess base engine room.

I miss the King Hydra. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would like to see it again in playchess.com !!!

With best respect,

Father
Playchess.com usser :D :D
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Re: I miss the King Hydra ...

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

Father wrote:It was running in a super hardware as fast as Deep Blue was and with beautiful software.
Deep Sjeng Cluster outperforms it.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: I miss the King Hydra ...

Post by Damir »

Hydra's name is now Cryptic....