Deep Junior 2010

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PauloSoare

Deep Junior 2010

Post by PauloSoare »

Where I can buy Deep Junior 2010? I already buyed Bobby Junior 2010.
Thanks.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: Deep Junior 2010

Post by peter »

As far as I know, it's the same. There could be an update I could have missed, not looking for it by myself regularly, but pm- notification of an update I didn't get till now.
Which on the other hand doesn't mean a thing neither, cause an email I sent to the support- address two months ago, wasn't answered till now neither.
Peter.
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

peter wrote:As far as I know, it's the same. There could be an update I could have missed, not looking for it by myself regularly, but pm- notification of an update I didn't get till now.
Which on the other hand doesn't mean a thing neither, cause an email I sent to the support- address two months ago, wasn't answered till now neither.
Thank you, Dr. Peter. I also have not received any pm-notification.
I think it´s time for update Junior.
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

I just bought Deep Junior 2010.

https://www.worldchesslive.com/bj/purchase.html#

Make your account, then when selecting which package you want simply select the "Deep" version.

This is what it looks like in my account now after the purchase:
Bobby Junior Preview Edition, a new and exciting chess playing program ideal for the recreational chess player. Bobby Junior combines the power of the 2010 edition of Junior, the three-time World Champion chess engine, in a friendly interface that's simple for almost anyone to use.

This Preview Edition gives you the full product at up to 40% off the regular price, while we further refine it based on customer feedback. (You'll get the final version when it's ready at no extra cost.)

If you want to take full advantage of your multi-core computer or 64-bit operating system, then upgrade to the Deep Junior 2010 version for only $20 more!

$29.97 for Bobby Junior Preview Edition for Windows + Junior 2010 UCI + World Chess Live membership for 6 months
$49.97 for Bobby Junior Preview Edition for Windows + Deep Junior 2010 UCI + World Chess Live membership for 6 months (your current plan)
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Sorry, but you didn´t buy Deep Junior 2010, but Bobby Junior 2010.
You will have Deep Junior when it is released by Amir, and you dont will pay nothing for it.
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

PauloSoare wrote:Sorry, but you didn´t buy Deep Junior 2010, but Bobby Junior 2010.
You will have Deep Junior when it is released by Amir, and you dont will pay nothing for it.
I think you are misunderstanding something.

Bobby Junior is the GUI.

Junior is the engine.

There are two combinations:

Bobby Junior + Junior $29.97
Bobby Junior + Deep Junior $49.97

I am using Deep Junior right now, fully loaded with 4 cores and 64-bit. So don't tell me what I've bought when you clearly are a bit confused in this matter. :)
You'll get the final version when it's ready at no extra cost.
This refers to the GUI.
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Martin T wrote:
PauloSoare wrote:Sorry, but you didn´t buy Deep Junior 2010, but Bobby Junior 2010.

Bobby Junior is the GUI.

Junior is the engine.

I am using Deep Junior right now, fully loaded with 4 cores and 64-bit. So don't tell me what I've bought when you clearly are a bit confused in this matter. :)
This refers to the GUI.
Yes, I am confused. Thanks by the help, but something is wrong, because I buyed "Bobby Junior + Deep Junior" and the engine is Junior, not
Dep Junior, I saw it in Task Manager.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

PauloSoare wrote:
Martin T wrote:

Bobby Junior is the GUI.

Junior is the engine.

This refers to the GUI.
Yes, I am confused. Thanks by the help, but something is wrong, because I buyed "Bobby Junior + Deep Junior" and the engine is Junior, not
For some reason when you buy the deep junior option the regular junior engine gets downloaded as well but you can only activate the one you paid for.
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

tomgdrums wrote:
PauloSoare wrote:
Martin T wrote:

Bobby Junior is the GUI.

Junior is the engine.

This refers to the GUI.
For some reason when you buy the deep junior option the regular junior engine gets downloaded as well but you can only activate the one you paid for.
Yes !!! I was on line and I login . Then I click in help and activete Deep Junior!
Many thanks to you.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

Martin T wrote:

Bobby Junior is the GUI.

Junior is the engine.

This refers to the GUI.
Maybe the point not so easy to understand is this: even if there isn't any promise for an update of the engine too nor an exact date for it, how can an engine called "2010" appear within a preview- package together with a GUI of it's own 2009 and not let customer hope for at least one update of the "2010"- engine in 2010?
:)
Maybe it's an error by intention from ICC, maybe from me, the customer, but I'm still hoping.
My hope is even bigger, having heard from testers of big rating- lists Amir had told them to wait with testing for an update of Junior to arise soon.
Peter.