2009 ACCA Pan Am/Western Hemishpher Computer Chess Champs

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adieguez

Re: 2009 ACCA Pan Am/Western Hemishpher Computer Chess Champ

Post by adieguez »

Nice I made amyan play the first day without seeing any bishop's captures in the qsearch at all :) that's the danger of doing a last minute recompile in order to fix kibitzing. No idea if it would have changed anything but.. very stupid from my part.

Acording to my testing that's worth about 30 ELO. It's interesting, I would have expected a bit more.

BTW very entertaining that Vincent plays as a human.
CRoberson wrote:This is the ACCA's fourth annual event. It will be the weekend of Nov 14 & 15 on ICC. Registration is open and the rules are on the web page.

This event is open only to those of the western hemisphere.

The web pages and registration are at: http://taccl.org/ACCAChampionships/ACCA ... Champ.html

There isn't a strength limit. So, weak and strong programs may apply.
JVMerlino

Post by JVMerlino »

CRoberson wrote:The game is afoot. In a rather unusual situation, we did something different.
We were having trouble getting a 12th opponent to round out the field.
So, Vincent Diepveen is playing. He the human not the computer!
Oh my god. I had no idea at all. I thought Myrddin beat Diep, and it was actually playing Vincent? I feel pretty stupid. Maybe I should have asked why I wasn't seeing any kibitz output. :roll:

I'm sure I made some horrible etiquette blunders.... :(

Me=dumb....

jm
bob

Post by bob »

JVMerlino wrote:
CRoberson wrote:The game is afoot. In a rather unusual situation, we did something different.
Oh my god. I had no idea at all. I thought Myrddin beat Diep, and it was actually playing Vincent? I feel pretty stupid. Maybe I should have asked why I wasn't seeing any kibitz output. :roll:

Me=dumb....

jm
If you had watched the game you _would_ have seen kibitzing output. Vincent always kibitzes. :)
JVMerlino

Post by JVMerlino »

bob wrote:
JVMerlino wrote:

Me=dumb....

jm
If you had watched the game you _would_ have seen kibitzing output. Vincent always kibitzes. :)
Oh, I WAS watching the game (well, I came in right after the opening). I just wasn't smart enough to put one and one together. Why is there no kibitzing output from the opponent "engine"? What is Diep doing in an ACCA tournament? Why did Jon Dart tell me how strong Vincent is? How could I have possibly thought that Myrddin could beat Diep?

<sigh> really stupid....
jarkkop

Post by jarkkop »

Nice draw against Rybka.