Any improvement in Fritz 12 behaviour ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

Re: To our mods !

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You are right however then you should stop trolls comming and changing the topic. No one answer if anything changed in the behaviour or not. Just people asking what "buisness" I had or telling me about Polanski. Or telling me that the test position is just one in a trillion (isn't any chess potion at a late stage just one in a trillion ?)

I wonder why.

So my question again, any change in the newest version or not ?
Stull the same bugs ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Moderation has removed several threads in this post that contained personal attacks
several members were involved so this will serve as notice to those looking for missing posts

please do not continue attack posts in this thread or the thread will be removed in its entirety and offending members will be issued a warning
Regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

SzG wrote:
Steve B wrote:Moderation has removed several threads in this post that contained personal attacks
several members were involved so this will serve as notice to those looking for missing posts

please do not continue attack posts in this thread or the thread will be removed in its entirety and offending members will be issued a warning
Regards
Steve
I am a bit disappointed that 2 of my posts, dealing only with GUI features without anything personal in them, have also been removed but I guess they had to go with the waste.
Sorry about that Gabor
it is very hard to split a thread and pick and choose what can remain
either we remove the most offending branches in a thread or we must remove the entire thread which is not such a good solution
you are more then welcome to repost anything you have previously posted
Best Regards
Steve
Christopher Conkie

Re: Any improvement in Fritz 12 behaviour ?

Post by Christopher Conkie »

SzG wrote:
Steve B wrote:Moderation has removed several threads in this post that contained personal attacks

Regards
Steve
I am a bit disappointed that one of my posts, dealing only with GUI features without anything personal in it, have also been removed but I guess it had to go with the waste.
I believe you said the following Gabor......
Arena is neither a chess engine nor a database program. It is primarily intended for playing chess and stage engine-engine matches and tournamnts. In the latter area it is second to none, I would say, with all the features it has. And what other GUI is capable of running both WB and UCI engines without adapters?
(I tell you, it's ChessGUI, another free program)
In my testing career I have used many GUI's and it is not by chance that I stick to Arena.

For other purposes CB may be better, and its look has always been the best. I am not surprised that for many it is the first choice
I think it was a very good encapsulation of both points of view. Obviously reasoned posts do get caught up in the mess sometimes. Hope this helps.

:)

Christopher
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

You are right however then you should stop trolls comming and changing the topic. No one answer if anything changed in the behaviour or not. Just people asking what "buisness" I had or telling me about Polanski. Or telling me that the test position is just one in a trillion (isn't any chess potion at a late stage just one in a trillion ?)

I wonder why.

So my question again, any change in the newest version or not ?
Stull the same bugs ?

Michael
Can you please answer this question about the second problem (reposted):

"What is the engine supposed to find to consider it solved? Rd2+? or a specific mate announcement? Gaviota finds Rd2+ and the correct PV but no mate yet. Is this problem Mate in X? "

Miguel
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Sorry I didn't I was meant. You will not get a mate score, it's about the score not the move. What score do you get ?

Michael
Christopher Conkie

[D]5Q2/PP1B1P2/1P6/2B5/1p1P4/7p/nPR1bp1P/3k3K w - - 0 1

1. Rd2+ Kc1 2. Rd1+ Kxd1 3. Ba4+ b3 4. Bxb3+ Ke1 5. Bb4+ Nc3 6. Bxc3+ Kf1 7. Bc4 Bxc4 8. Qc5 Bd3 9. Qb5 Bxb5 10. b8=N Bd3 11. a8=B Be2 12. f8=R

Christopher
Ignacio

Post by Ignacio »

The position is mate in 25.
Christopher Conkie

Ignacio wrote:The position is mate in 25.
Show it then.

Christopher
Ignacio

Post by Ignacio »

[FEN "5Q2/PP1B1P2/1P6/2B5/1p1P4/7p/nPR1bp1P/3k3K w - - 0 1"]

1. Rd2+ Kc1 2. Rd1+ Kxd1 3. Ba4+ b3 4. Bxb3+ Ke1 5. Bb4+ Nc3 6. Bxc3+ Kf1 7. Bc4 Bxc4 8. Qc5 Bd3 9. Qb5 Bxb5 10. b8=N Bd3 11. a8=B Ke2 12. f8=Q f1=Q+ 13. Qxf1+ Kxf1 14. Nd7 Kf2 15. Nc5 Bf1 16. Ne4+ Ke3 17. b7 Bg2+ 18. Kg1 Kxe4 19. b8=Q+ Kd3 20. Bxg2 hxg2 21. Qb5+ Ke3 22. Kxg2 Ke4 23. h3 Ke3 24. Qf5 Ke2 25. Qf3# 1-0

Ignacio.