Twisted Logic new version!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Re: Twisted Logic new version!

Post by swami »

Graham Banks wrote:
swami wrote:I just use the grading system to evaluate the percentages. If the new version comes along, and scores more and leaps two grades forward from B+ to A+ then that would tell me how much it's improved in specific test.

Code: Select all

80+ S 
75+ A+
70+ A
65+ B+
60+ B
55+ C+
50+ C
45+ D
40+ E
<40 F
What does the "S" stand for?

Cheers,
Graham.
I don't know the actual word that begins with S, but according to Indian Institute of Technology which follows the CGPA system, it appears that S grade is equivalent to "Outstanding" or "Superior"...
swami

Post by swami »

swami wrote:I just use the grading system to evaluate the percentages. If the new version comes along, and scores more and leaps two grades forward from B+ to A+ then that would tell me how much it's improved in specific test.

80+ S 
75+ A+
70+ A
65+ B+
60+ B
55+ C+
50+ C
45+ D
40+ E
<40 F
Since a lot of engines are going beyond 3100... adding more derivatives to the list. I'm going to follow this revised Grading System:

85+ S
80+ A+
75+ A
70+ A- 
65+ B+
60  B
55+ C+
50+ C
45+ D
40+ E
<40 F
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

80+ S 
75+ A+
70+ A
65+ B+
60+ B
55+ C+
50+ C
45+ D
40+ E
<40 F
What does the "S" stand for?

Cheers,
Graham.
I don't know the actual word that begins with S, but according to Indian Institute of Technology which follows the CGPA system, it appears that S grade is equivalent to "Outstanding" or "Superior"...
Sounds logical. Keep up the good work. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com