Der Bringer. Where is it on my disk?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Der Bringer. Where is it on my disk?

Post by S.Taylor »

I had recently downloaded a wonferful chess program called Der Bringer, (complete with gui, it seemed, as I was managing to actually play with it, and I have no other installed gui which works).
But now after restarting my computer, I can't find it, and I don't know how to search for it on my computer. I think it was downloaded, and not working from the web.
computer illiterate
S.Taylor
AdminX

Re: Der Bringer. Where is it on my disk?

Post by AdminX »

S.Taylor wrote:I had recently downloaded a wonferful chess program called Der Bringer, (complete with gui, it seemed, as I was managing to actually play with it, and I have no other installed gui which works).
But now after restarting my computer, I can't find it, and I don't know how to search for it on my computer. I think it was downloaded, and not working from the web.
computer illiterate
S.Taylor
:shock: What's this, Der Beringer is Der Gone! :lol:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by kgburcham »

http://chess.kearman.com/bringer/bringer-index.html

Der Bringer will download as a zipfile.

find your zip files/unzip files.
or download again, this time watch download path.
when unzip watch name of folder.
or do a search under start.

or just wait for Rybka 4.
wally world has chessmaster.
do like some here, several have no programs and no pc, just get online at someones house or at library.

kgburcham
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

S.Taylor wrote:I had recently downloaded a wonferful chess program called Der Bringer, (complete with gui, it seemed, as I was managing to actually play with it, and I have no other installed gui which works).
computer illiterate
S.Taylor
Stuart if you can't find it here is the downloadlink on WBEC from Leo Dijksman:
http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/download ... ger_19.zip
Opening book is here:
http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/download ... _books.zip

In your Windows Start menu there is a search function, look for the magnifying glass.

Picture of what it looks like, a detailed description of the search function with some more illustrations is also available on this commercial page, the advice is free though:

http://www.terryscomputertips.com/compu ... plorer.php

If you open the search function there is a menu, with a funny dog, that allows you to look for files that contain any word you think might be in the title. If you use a *, this is a "wildcard" that can stand for any part of the title you a are not sure about. So if you type *Bringer*.* as a searchterm it searches for any files with Bringer as part of the title with any possible extension (.zip, .doc, .exe etcetera), and you might find your chessprogram or at least the zipped files back on your harddisk.

Regards,
Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
gerold

Post by gerold »

computer illiterate
S.Taylor
What os do you have Taylor.
When downloading any chess gui like Arena i like to
put icon on desktop. That way you don't have to go looking for it.

Best,

Gerold.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

gerold wrote:
computer illiterate
S.Taylor
What os do you have Taylor.
When downloading any chess gui like Arena i like to
put icon on desktop. That way you don't have to go looking for it.

Best,

Gerold.
So it must be somewhere!

(windows XP home edition)