Novag - Sold

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mephisto

Re: Still available

Post by mephisto »

Hi
I think that it's a good time to look back at the beginings of Novag now that the Auge family have sold out.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the Mike Walters from England, he is one of the worlds leading collectors of chess computers and has an excellent web site.
One section of his site is a report on the early days of SciSys (later Saitek) and Novag. After you have read this interesting account of their relationship, have a good look around the rest of Mike's site it really is very good.
http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/sci ... rly_y.html
Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
sje

Could Novag program sources be released?

Post by sje »

If Novag's new owners aren't going to be producing new chess computers, would they consider the idea of releasing the program sources of existing and historical models? These would be H8 and 6502 assembly language sources and would be of significant interest to the research community.
rightrook

Re: Novag - Sold

Post by rightrook »

We were right, Steve B.
just as I thought......a used Novag sold on Ebay this past week for over $300.00....!!

Old Novag regards,

Rob

Hang on to your used Novag machines.... :lol:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

rightrook wrote:We were right, Steve B.
just as I thought......a used Novag sold on Ebay this past week for over $300.00....!!

Old Novag regards,

Rob

Hang on to your used Novag machines.... :lol:
yup
saw that Rob
a run-o-the-mill Super Conny for $315
i know you have a fairly decent Novag collection too

i guess its time we joined the
Billionaires Club Regards
Steve
:o
rightrook

Post by rightrook »

Hi Steve...Well, sad to say, most all my old Novags have already been sold on Ebay...
but my small collection was nothing to compare with what you have collected over the years...;

I think that you must have one of the best collections in the world.... :lol:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

rightrook wrote:Hi Steve...Well, sad to say, most all my old Novags have already been sold on Ebay...
but my small collection was nothing to compare with what you have collected over the years...;

thanks for the complement Rob

to make matters worse...
on another chess computer forum..a collector is now offering his Novag Star Diamond(not really a rare computer by any stretch of the imagination) in return for a wooden auto-sensory Fidelity EAG..hardly a fair swap

Things Are Getting Ugly Fast Regards
Steve
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Don' write off Novag just yet as the old MD has given the new one my details for testing new models
Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
fern

Post by fern »

They want the brand. Novags is old, known, prestiged. They also produced many other things besides chess comps.

Already Mourning regards
fern
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

rightrook wrote:Hi Steve...Well, sad to say, most all my old Novags have already been sold on Ebay...

So, you are the guy that I bought most of my Novags from. Just kidding, but I did pick up a few nice ones, well maybe Steve might not agree but I like em.
Bill
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

You wont find me knocking ANY Novags now Bill
With the Co. now Belly Up
each and every one of them are a ..

Gold Mine Regards
Steve