CCT 11: Fruit leads after 6 rounds!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT 11: Fruit leads after 6 rounds!

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

You can see the current pairing at:

http://www.cctchess.com/r7.htm

And you can download all the games from:

http://www.cctchess.com/cct11.pgn

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: CCT 11: Fruit leads after 6 rounds!

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Thanks Peter!

The battle for first spot is certainly not a walk-over for Rybka! Deep Sjeng would be the underdog I think now because it already played Rybka. But in case of a tiebreak with Rybka, Rybka because of the result against Sjeng would win I suppose. I like these experiments of the Rybka team, maybe next time they come with a quantum computer with hyperlinked nodes in a virtual universe. Please don't mind my silly comments, I think it is the weather or something :P Spring in the air and I can't seem to make any serious posts.

Keep up the good job!

Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Edward German

Post by Edward German »

Hi Eelco,
will Fruit CCT 2009 can get (Download or as commercial)? Fruit CCT plays very nice so far!

My Best!
Eduard
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Hi Eduard

Fruit is private engine, and is very unlikely to be released, either for free or commercial use.
Best
Damir
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Hello Eduard,

Good to see you post here! I really would not know, if there is any chance that one of these versions of Fruit will ever be anything other than a private version. I only know that only Ryan Benitez is the main author at the moment and Fabien is doing other things than computer chess. I do hope there is still some active development of Fruit! Then maybe Fabien would get interested again, some of the new bitboard stuff in recent Fruits I think was developed by Fabien and he had his own project Chess64 that we do not know much about.

Groeten,
Eelco