ChessGUI 0.144 is out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Matthias Gemuh

Re: ChessGUI 0.148 is out

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Graham Banks wrote:Is this problem an Amundsen one that can't be fixed by a ChessGUI alteration?
ChessGUI has no clue what move Amundsen finally wanted to play, though the engine was contemplating moving the rook from f7 to a7.

The bug is too heavy for GUI to "fix".

regards,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Is this problem an Amundsen one that can't be fixed by a ChessGUI alteration?
ChessGUI has no clue what move Amundsen finally wanted to play, though the engine was contemplating moving the rook from f7 to a7.

regards,
Matthias.
Thanks Matthias. I'll let Amundsen play a few more games just in case this is a rare bug or isolated incident.
Glass 1.1 and Mediocre 0.34 seem to be working okay for me. 8-)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Graham Banks wrote: Glass 1.1 and Mediocre 0.34 seem to be working okay for me. 8-)
Watch memory useage of Mediocre 0.34 for 5 consecutive moves.
I don't tolerate what I saw.

You can handle Hash of Glass 1.1 wisely under ChessGUI to compensate for the extra memory it uses for pawn hash and eval hash.
The option is "Reduce Mem" in engine installation window. Works only for UCI engines, of course.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: Glass 1.1 and Mediocre 0.34 seem to be working okay for me. 8-)
Watch memory useage of Mediocre 0.34 for 5 consecutive moves.
I don't tolerate what I saw.

You can handle Hash of Glass 1.1 wisely under ChessGUI to compensate for the extra memory it uses for pawn hash and eval hash.
The option is "Reduce Mem" in engine installation window. Works only for UCI engines, of course.

Matthias.
Thanks for the hint. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Graham Banks wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

regards,
Matthias.
Thanks Matthias. I'll let Amundsen play a few more games just in case this is a rare bug or isolated incident.
Glass 1.1 and Mediocre 0.34 seem to be working okay for me. 8-)
I had to remove Amundsen because it also lost its next game in the same manner. :cry:
gbanksnz at gmail.com