What opening would you like to see and why?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Aloysius

Re: What opening would you like to see and why?

Post by Peter Aloysius »

AdminX wrote:What opening would you like to see played in the next Wch 2008 game between Anand and Kramnik and why? Remember Anand will have the White pieces again in their next game.

Okay, I'll go first and say I would like to see a Evans Gambit, why because we should see a nice attacking game that I don't think Kramnik is suited to play.
Orangutan opening would be nice :D
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

AdminX wrote:What opening would you like to see played in the next Wch 2008 game between Anand and Kramnik and why? Remember Anand will have the White pieces again in their next game.

Okay, I'll go first and say I would like to see a Evans Gambit, why because we should see a nice attacking game that I don't think Kramnik is suited to play.
And why, if he was not suited, should Kramnik play it? I guess he would be quite happy to get finally a chance for his beloved Russian.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

peter wrote:

And why, if he was not suited, should Kramnik play it? I guess he would be quite happy to get finally a chance for his beloved Russian.
Kramnik has black next game. So if Anand were to open with e4. There is a chance that he would/ could play it to avoid prep by Anand in the Ruy Lopez or Petroff openings.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by swami »

Anand: e4, then Najdorf from Kramnik.

Next game: Kramnik Nf3 then later transform the variation to London System.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

swami wrote:Anand: e4, then Najdorf from Kramnik.

Next game: Kramnik Nf3 then later transform the variation to London System.
You think ....

I guess you have a point, there is always a chance he could play that as well. Very heavy theory though. :wink:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."