Bobby Fischer outrageous chess moves,position 7 & 8....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Please you are embarrassing me

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kgburcham wrote:I can simply choose the latest positions from the ChessBase magazine or from the newest yearbook of New In Chess and fload you and your friends with hundreds of tough positions to fry your hardware....
Please post some of these hardware frying positions, that is what we are looking for.
My main task is to show respect to one of the greatest chess players the world had ever known....
Many could care less about booby fishter. He damned the US later in his life. Cursed the Jews and many others. He was disrespectful to many great chess players.
I don't care about your stupid outdated,slower than a snail,dedicated units....
Easy you will irritate Steve B. I like my two Fidelity dedicateds
As you can see,some users here were more than happy to test themselves or to learn something new from these outdated positions,so your statement is rather rude and pretty unfriendly....
My point here is that this site is about chess programs and hardware. If you want to talk booty fishter, you should go to the Talk Forum.
And what is your problem with my statement that I have tons of chess books bought and collected through the years!?Did I insult someone with this statement!?
My point with this one is that most here also have as much as your library or more. I am not going to say anything about my chess library in this crowd of chess badasses.
I know that you have something in your life that you are bravely fighting against and I as a physician regard this,but try to be more friendly oriented never the less in your posts....
Nothing I posted is personal. Nothing about your internet character bothers me. It bugs me when someone posts a position on the "dedicated" level at this site and does not classify it as such. If someone identifies a dedicated level test position I will not open the post---unless I feel like getting out my "stupid outdated,slower than a snail,dedicated unit"

Also I check most tournaments and all high level GM tournaments for test positions. Also I keep up with Chessbase info. I do not think this is a good source.
Also I am collecting 2008 GM and Super GM tournament blunders. This is really growing.

Mr. Wael DeebHave a good day

kgburcham
_I suspected your reaction from the begining to be connected to this issue and I waited patiently so that you expose it,I won the psychological encounter before you even sense it....
The guy had a serious mental illness,but he was a chess prodigy....
Anyway,as a reaction against your anacceptable behaviour,I will stop posting positions from this particular chess book because I don't want anyone to get upset from a political point of view....btw,when it comes to politics,I can't care less,I don't even watch the news....
And as you seem to be a chess prodigy,I will post positions which are realy hard so that you can live happier....

_That is Dr.Wael Deeb if you don't mind....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

kgburcham wrote:

:shock:
indeed
stupid dedicated computers??
i am more shocked then irritated
i enjoy seeing Wael Deebs positions and yours KB but there is no need to belittle the old computers
without these babies there would not be the super engines of today as they were the first to show that computer chess could be a lucrative commercial enterprise

besides i am not impressed that someone can go out and buy an octo computer and run an engine and solves positions
it certainly says nothing for their own chess playing ability

i am betting that less then 1-2% of anyone posting here could beat any one of my dedicated computers rated >2100 ..face to face
or face to keyboard i guess

anyway..surprised you mentioned me KB
i still remember you accusing me of illegal activities when i used to come here years ago offering to buy rare computers
:P

Long Memory Regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
kgburcham wrote:

:shock:
indeed
stupid dedicated computers??
i am more shocked then irritated
i enjoy seeing Wael Deebs positions and yours KB but there is no need to belittle the old computers
without these babies there would not be the super engines of today as they were the first to show that computer chess could be a lucrative commercial enterprise

besides i am not impressed that someone can go out and buy an octo computer and run an engine and solves positions
it certainly says nothing for their own chess playing ability

i am betting that less then 1-2% of anyone posting here could beat any one of my dedicated computers rated >2100 ..face to face
or face to keyboard i guess

anyway..surprised you mentioned me KB
i still remember you accusing me of illegal activities when i used to come here years ago offering to buy rare computers
:P

Long Memory Regards
Steve
A deep appologies to the master of the dedicated units,that was not intended SteveB,just a tool to win the encounter :P

_the bold text is very very very very true....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
deep appologies to the master of the dedicated units,that was not intended SteveB,just a tool to win the encounter :P
no apology necessary Dr D
Please continue to post your positions and the same for KB
there is certainly room enough and interest enough for both here

Petrosian was an unusual World Champion in that
his moves were always somewhat of a surprise
moving pieces backwards to the first rank and so forth
i wonder if you have any of his positions to post and lets see how the Octos or Decathalos(is there such a thing yet?) do with his games

Tasc R40 Regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
deep appologies to the master of the dedicated units,that was not intended SteveB,just a tool to win the encounter :P
no apology necessary Dr D
Please continue to post your positions and the same for KB
there is certainly room enough and interest enough for both here

Petrosian was an unusual World Champion in that
his moves were always somewhat of a surprise
moving pieces backwards to the first rank and so forth
i wonder if you have any of his positions to post and lets see how the Octos or Decathalos(is there such a thing yet?) do with his games

Tasc R40 Regards
Steve
Thanks Steve,I'll gather a special set of Petrosian positions,tough ones by that,and post them here and in the Hiarcs forum as well....
Tal is another one to come in mind....
Botvinnink is also a very good source for positional master moves which are not so easy for the chess engines....
TSP

Re: Bobby Fischer outrageous chess moves,position 7 & 8.

Post by TSP »

Rybka agrees with Crafty on the second problem, at least at ply 15, Qf3 appears to be stronger.

[+9.77] d=15 1.Qf3 (0:10.22)
[+8.11] d=14 1.Qf3 (0:01.33)
[+6.54] d=14 1.Qf3 (0:00.23)
[+4.94] d=14 1.Qf3 (0:00.05)
[+4.14] d=14 1.Qf3 (0:00.04)
[+3.74] d=14 1.Qf3 (0:00.03)
[+3.48] d=14 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Rg7 c5 4.Kf1 c4 5.Ke2 e4 6.Rf7 (0:00.01)
[+3.54] d=14 1.Rxg4 (0:00.01)
[+3.34] d=13 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Rg7 c5 4.Kf1 c4 5.Ke2 e4 6.Re7 Rd8 7.Kd2 a6 8.Rf7 Kg4 9.Kc3 e3 (0:00.01)
[+3.34] d=12 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Rg7 c5 4.Kf1 c4 5.Ke2 e4 6.Re7 Rd8 7.Kd2 a6 8.Rf7 Kg4 9.Kc3 e3 (0:00.00)
[+3.34] d=11 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Rg7 c5 4.Kf1 c4 5.Ke2 e4 6.Re7 Rd8 7.Kd2 a6 8.Rf7 Kg4 9.Kc3 e3 (0:00.00)
[+3.42] d=10 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Rg7 a5 4.Kf1 c5 5.Ke2 c4 6.Rf7 (0:00.00)
[+3.42] d=10 1.Rxg4 (0:00.00)
[+3.22] d=9 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Ra4 Rd8 4.Rxa7 c5 5.Kf1 (0:00.00)
[+3.16] d=8 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Ra4 Rd8 4.Rxa7 (0:00.00)
[+3.16] d=7 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 fxe5 3.Ra4 Rd8 4.Rxa7 (0:00.00)
[+3.29] d=6 1.Rxg4 Qe5 2.Qxe5 (0:00.00)
[+3.34] d=5 1.Rxg4 Qe5 (0:00.00)
[+2.63] d=5 1.Rxg4 (0:00.00)
[+2.23] d=5 1.Rxg4 (0:00.00)
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

Of course I don't want you to stop the problems from Fischer. I forget about the politics as well, and as you can see, there are some who do enjoy comparing the engine results vs. Fischer. It's your call.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Jim Logan wrote:Of course I don't want you to stop the problems from Fischer. I forget about the politics as well, and as you can see, there are some who do enjoy comparing the engine results vs. Fischer. It's your call.
I'll continue posting the positions :D
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Jim Logan wrote:Of course I don't want you to stop the problems from Fischer. I forget about the politics as well, and as you can see, there are some who do enjoy comparing the engine results vs. Fischer. It's your call.
Good! I didn't reply until now as I had accidently seen the answers. :(
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Good! I didn't reply until now as I had accidently seen the answers. :(
Thanks Terry,no problems at all....