Junior 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Junior 11

Post by peter »

It is about a month ago, since it was to be read Junior 11 would be sold soon after the match against Illescas. Does anybody know anything new about it?
Thanks!
...Peter.
Matthias Gemuh

Re: Junior 11

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

peter wrote:It is about a month ago, since it was to be read Junior 11 would be sold soon after the match against Illescas. Does anybody know anything new about it?
Thanks!
...Peter.

Only very few people have an interest in the ICC nonsense.
I hope Ban and Amir shall do this thing right some time in future.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
peter wrote:It is about a month ago, since it was to be read Junior 11 would be sold soon after the match against Illescas. Does anybody know anything new about it?
Thanks!
...Peter.

Matthias.
Agree,it's a rough story to go all through their requirements to get a membership and then the engine itself....
They are trying to create an alternative of the ChessBase server,but I think that the outcome is doomed....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Since Junior is UCI now, I will probably buy Deep Junior 11 when it becomes available.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Dann Corbit wrote:Since Junior is UCI now, I will probably buy Deep Junior 11 when it becomes available.
You'll have to go through the Dasher GUI and get out alive before putting your hand on the engine Dann :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Matthias.

Ban and Amir ? I mean Shay and Amir :wink:

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Thanks!
...Peter.

Matthias.
Agree,it's a rough story to go all through their requirements to get a membership and then the engine itself....
They are trying to create an alternative of the ChessBase server,but I think that the outcome is doomed....
Hi Guys,

I don't get your statements. I've been on ICC and Playchess. I like
both. There are some things I dislike about both. I have more dislikes
with Playchess but I live with them. So, I don't see your issues at all.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

CRoberson wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Thanks!
...Peter.

Matthias.
Hi Guys,

The problem with the Junior buying policy is that you have to be an ICC member to purchase them. Why do you think I have an ICC account? When it comes to playchess, you get a playchess account every time you buy a chessbase program for about 60 bucks. It cost me around 90 dollars to get Single processor junior 10.1 UCI..
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

Tony Thomas wrote:
CRoberson wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Thanks!
...Peter.

Matthias.
Hi Guys,

The problem with the Junior buying policy is that you have to be an ICC member to purchase them. Why do you think I have an ICC account? When it comes to playchess, you get a playchess account every time you buy a chessbase program for about 60 bucks. It cost me around 90 dollars to get Single processor junior 10.1 UCI..
But is this so for Junior 11 too? I really did not know cause I'm not a member so far, is Junior 11 out already?
...Peter
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

peter wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
CRoberson wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Thanks!
...Peter.

Matthias.
Hi Guys,

But is this so for Junior 11 too? I really did not know cause I'm not a member so far, is Junior 11 out already?
...Peter
I am not sure about their policies regarding Junior 11. No, it is not yet available.