2008 World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CRoberson

Re: 2008 World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Post by CRoberson »

New Entrant:
HIARCS by Mark Uniacke operated by E. Carrisco & H Williamson

This makes 18 entries from 12 countries.

The competition level just stepped up! I expect more of the big programs. Also, from email I'm receiving, it looks like many have
improved their programs.
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Only 2 weeks left to enter.

New Entrants:
Tinker by Brian Richardson
Oxygen by Robindu Guha

That makes 20 entries from 13 countries.
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Only 2 weeks left to enter:

New Entrants:
Crafty by Dr. Robert Hyatt
Prophet by James Swafford
Berta by Felix Schmenger

This makes 23 entries from 14 countries.

Info obtained here http://www.taccl.org/ACCAWCRCC/2008ACCA ... WCRCC.html

If you are not on the list of participants, I did not receive your registration. So, send it to me via email or post it in this thread.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

I am not sure if many of you know about Oxygen, it is a rather weak engine paired with one of the best books I have yet seen.. I was using the book by Wael Deeb on ICC, in all the games Oxygen came out of the book with around +2.00 advantage..Note that I have played lot of games with Romi, around 10000 and I have never seen Romi coming out of the book with a score worse than -.50...
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi Charles,
Playing Schedule Computer Section

There will be one qualifier on Friday, June 20, 1pm. The finals will take
place on Saturday, June 21, 3pm.
This is the qualifier for the Mainz 960 tournament, also taking place on ICC. The final is on the same day as your tournament. I have no intention of entering the 960 but there could be a clash here.

Best Wishes,
Harvey
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:I am not sure if many of you know about Oxygen, it is a rather weak engine paired with one of the best books I have yet seen.. I was using the book by Wael Deeb on ICC, in all the games Oxygen came out of the book with around +2.00 advantage..Note that I have played lot of games with Romi, around 10000 and I have never seen Romi coming out of the book with a score worse than -.50...
I am realy impressed by this opening book of Oxygen,but I am prepared to blow it in the air whenever you ask for goaty :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I am not sure if many of you know about Oxygen, it is a rather weak engine paired with one of the best books I have yet seen.. I was using the book by Wael Deeb on ICC, in all the games Oxygen came out of the book with around +2.00 advantage..Note that I have played lot of games with Romi, around 10000 and I have never seen Romi coming out of the book with a score worse than -.50...
I am realy impressed by this opening book of Oxygen,but I am prepared to blow it in the air whenever you ask for goaty :lol:
Just send the pgn to Mike, hopefully that should take care of the book advantage by any engine.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Just send the pgn to Mike, hopefully that should take care of the book advantage by any engine.
I will Tony,in a couple of days I'll send the pgn....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Hi,

I've to cancel my participation. (I'll be spending next weeks in hospital)
Feel free to run Neurosis in the championship however. You'll just need Winboard, and public version 2.4 and book would be fine.

cheers,
Stan
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

That is too bad Stan. Beterschap toegewenst!

Eelco