Strongest phone processor for chess strength?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kaissa

Strongest phone processor for chess strength?

Post by kaissa »

Hello to all,

I would like to buy a phone to play chess with. Due to business requirements, I have to go with Windows Mobile 5 or 6.

On the software part, I find Chess Genius, Pocket Grandmaster and on emulation Hiarcs.

For reasons unkown ;), I want to have the strongest combination for chess strength. When I look at the hardware part, processors that seem to be used most are TI Omap 2420, and Intel Xscale PXA270.

For Omap 2420, the fastest phone seems to be Motorola Qh rated at 325 Mhz. For Pxa270, HP Ipaq 600 or Asus P535 seems to be fastest at 520 Mhz. There are faster phones, but are not available where I am. There is also a Samsung I780 coming up with Marvell PXA310, 624MHz processor.

Are RAM and ROM values more important than the speed of the processors?

How comparable are these processors? Would Omap 2420 at 325 Mhz be stronger than Pxa270 at 520 Mhz for chess strength? Are there any other options?

http://www.pdadb.net/ looks like a nice site.

Thank you for your time,
Rafael Vasquez

Re: Strongest phone processor for chess strength?

Post by Rafael Vasquez »

With 667 Mhz, 128 RAM and 8 Gig ROM the Meizu M8 minione seem the most powerful phone.
Just have to wait till March.

It has a 3.1 megapixel camera and 1400 mAh battery.
And supports SDHC cards, so can be expanded further 16 Gigs.
You would be able to put tablebases in it!