Another Chessbase / Fritz 10 question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

Another Chessbase / Fritz 10 question

Post by Jouni »

How I can find not decided games in database at once. There is text "Line"
in result position, but I haven't found how to use search mask to find them. There is only 1-0, 0-1 and 1/2-1/2. Is there a way?

Jouni
David Dahlem

Re: Another Chessbase / Fritz 10 question

Post by David Dahlem »

Jouni wrote:How I can find not decided games in database at once. There is text "Line"
in result position, but I haven't found how to use search mask to find them. There is only 1-0, 0-1 and 1/2-1/2. Is there a way?

Jouni
Well, you can mark all games with medals, search for the 1-0, 0-1, and 1/2-1/2 games, remove the medals from these games, and if there are any games with text "Line", they will be marked with medals. Rather clunky, but it should work.

Regards
Dave
vigo

Post by vigo »

Jouni wrote:How I can find not decided games in database at once. There is text "Line"

Jouni
In the list games simply click on the result column, you will find the not decided games at the end (or the beginning) of the list.
HTH, Ciro
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Hi,

In my Fritz interface there is no "result column" at all - difficult to click! Are You referring to Arena maybe? And the first idea with medals what should I exactly do?

Jouni
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Jouni wrote:Hi,

In my Fritz interface there is no "result column" at all - difficult to click! Are You referring to Arena maybe? And the first idea with medals what should I exactly do?

Jouni
Ok, first of all, if there are games with the colored medals, and you want to keep these, you need to make a backup of the database.

Then select all games in the database, i use Ctrl-A. Then with the F2 key, select a medal color of your choice, All games should be marked with this medal. Use the search function to find the 1-0, 0-1, 1-2/1-2 games. Then Ctrl-A to select these games, F2 to bring up the Medals window, click "Clear" to remove the medals from these games. Then using the search function, click the Medals button, and search for games with medals of the color you selected. This will find the no result games with a"Line" result. Hope this is clear enough.

It's easier than it sounds, i've done this sort of searching many times.

Regards
Dave
Tony Nichols

Post by Tony Nichols »

Hello, Jouni

If you use chessbase 10. Open the database then click on results. They will be sorted for you.
Regards
Tony