Deep Shredder 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: Deep Shredder 11

Post by Eelco de Groot »

For Fernando's question, the advertisement is on ChessCentral

http://www.chesscentral.com/

But the price for the multi CPU version is still rather high. Here in Europe we can profit a little from the high value of the Euro if we buy in dollars. Price for the single CPU version I find okay when considering you get access to PlayChess etc. in the ChessBase version or new features in the Shredder UCI interface. But double the price for the multi CPU,-actually it's more than double the price!-, well first we can wait for what the testresults are when Shredder 11 is ready, that might make good the steep price. But I believe Ray Banks has to pay full price as well...

Eelco
ArmoredGuns

Post by ArmoredGuns »

Eelco de Groot wrote:For Fernando's question, the advertisement is on ChessCentral

http://www.chesscentral.com/

But the price for the multi CPU version is still rather high. Here in Europe we can profit a little from the high value of the Euro if we buy in dollars. Price for the single CPU version I find okay when considering you get access to PlayChess etc. in the ChessBase version or new features in the Shredder UCI interface. But double the price for the multi CPU,-actually it's more than double the price!-, well first we can wait for what the testresults are when Shredder 11 is ready, that might make good the steep price. But I believe Ray Banks has to pay full price as well...

Eelco
Rather high? It is extremely high! For almost the same price as the single CPU version, you can buy SMP Zappa Mexico, which will probably be rated higher. Rybka, the best SMP for $73, which is acceptable, and includes two excellent books. Naum, an extremely powerful SMP engine is just at around $35!

I hope the UCI version is cheaper. IMO, paying $130 just for a chess engine (when you already probably have the Fritz GUI) is insane. Specially when there're cheaper commercials, and even free engines around/above its level.

I miss the old days of Shredder 6/7, where you got an SMP engine, the full Fritz GUI, the UCI engine, the Shredder Classic GUI, and native CTG and BKT (shredder classic's book format) books, all in one $49.99 package!!!
Erik Roggenburg

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

Gee, I hope the shredder.com website has it for a little less...
utzinger

Post by utzinger »

I find it very strange that announcements of new products
are not published on the Shredder or ChessBase Homepages
Kurt
IWB

Post by IWB »

Hello Kurt
utzinger wrote:I find it very strange that announcements of new products
are not published on the Shredder or ChessBase Homepages
Kurt
The problem is that all dealers wants to have informations in advance to plan some advertisements or whatever. Some of them simply publish this without explicit permission.

For example you find, for nearly every telephone, MP3 player or whatever some information about in advance on the web. You even find something about new Apple products, and they have a lot of lawyer who try to prevent this.

Thats the way it is.

I am sure it will be anounced soon!

Bye
Ingo