Beware the "F" Connection

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Beware the "F" Connection

Post by geots »

Has anyone realized that Rybka was named such, because it means "little fish". Now fish starts with an f, as does Fruit. Sound a little suspicious. There is more evidence. Have you stopped to realize that Fruit came after Fritz. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that they both also start with the letter f . Wait... there is more. Surprise- Fritz came after Bobby Fischer. there is that damn f Do you suppose Fritz stole all his ideas from Fischer?!? All left to do now is figure out why there is no f in DrunkenMaster and i will have all the pieces to this puzzle.

Pressing forward regards,
David Dahlem

Re: Beware the "F" Connection

Post by David Dahlem »

geots wrote:Has anyone realized that Rybka was named such, because it means "little fish". Now fish starts with an f, as does Fruit. Sound a little suspicious. There is more evidence. Have you stopped to realize that Fruit came after Fritz. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that they both also start with the letter f . Wait... there is more. Surprise- Fritz came after Bobby Fischer. there is that damn f Do you suppose Fritz stole all his ideas from Fischer?!? All left to do now is figure out why there is no f in DrunkenMaster and i will have all the pieces to this puzzle.

Lots of words start with the letter "f". Can you guess my favorite "f" word". :-)[/u]
geots

Post by geots »

David Dahlem wrote:
geots wrote:Has anyone realized that Rybka was named such, because it means "little fish". Now fish starts with an f, as does Fruit. Sound a little suspicious. There is more evidence. Have you stopped to realize that Fruit came after Fritz. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that they both also start with the letter f . Wait... there is more. Surprise- Fritz came after Bobby Fischer. there is that damn f Do you suppose Fritz stole all his ideas from Fischer?!? All left to do now is figure out why there is no f in DrunkenMaster and i will have all the pieces to this puzzle.

Lots of words start with the letter "f". Can you guess my favorite "f" word". :-)[/u]

That's about how i feel about this whole page :lol:
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

I am willing to bet that Naum is a clone of Rybka. Look at the progress, it used to be a top ten free engine, now it is the third strongest commercial on 4 CPU. :lol: :lol:
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

David Dahlem wrote:...Lots of words start with the letter "f". Can you guess my favorite "f" word". :-)

This one?
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Volker Pittlik wrote:
David Dahlem wrote:...Lots of words start with the letter "f". Can you guess my favorite "f" word". :-)

This one?
Did you actually wait for the whole thing to load? :lol: I clicked it while it was still loading.

Edit: I dont have the patience to watch the whole thing, FUUUCCKKK
geots

Post by geots »

Tony Thomas wrote:I am willing to bet that Naum is a clone of Rybka. Look at the progress, it used to be a top ten free engine, now it is the third strongest commercial on 4 CPU. :lol: :lol:

Bitboard or baseboard? :lol:

-Confusion reigns
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Tony Thomas wrote:...Did you actually wait for the whole thing to load?...
It is ready after a few seconds here. "Loading" is displayed forever. Just click on "Start" after a few seconds.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

The great revelation !

Post by Sylwy »

Hi George !

The great surprise:
Fischer comes after Frankenstein ...........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Sylwy
geots

Post by geots »

Tony Thomas wrote:I am willing to bet that Naum is a clone of Rybka. Look at the progress, it used to be a top ten free engine, now it is the third strongest commercial on 4 CPU. :lol: :lol:

Tony, i often wondered why a programmer would keep his program private for years, just letting a select few test it. This week has more than answered my question. Yuri has played this forum better than Eric Clapton ever thought of playing a guitar, pulling the strings like he was a puppeteer. Evgenii actually gave it away today that he knows it is not a clone, and i dont think he even realized it. 8-)