Zappa Mexico - 64 bit mp issue ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smk

Re: Zappa Mexico - 64 bit mp issue ?

Post by smk »

You are right, this certainly happens. However I doubt that this has happened here three times.

I do not search the Internet for posts about Shredder or Zappa and check the authors with my database. Acually this was the first time I did this and was shocked.

Stefan
ArmoredGuns

Post by ArmoredGuns »

smk wrote:You are right, this certainly happens. However I doubt that this has happened here three times.

I do not search the Internet for posts about Shredder or Zappa and check the authors with my database. Acually this was the first time I did this and was shocked.

Stefan
You're right, I also doubt it, I was just explaining my case.

Now we'll move on to discussion about Shredder 11. When will it be released??
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

smk wrote:It is very frustrating not finding 3 out of 4 members in this thread in your customer's database. They are not only stealing our intellectual propertry but are also so impertinent to post here about Zappa. We will discuss what could be done about that. Any comments about this are very welcome.

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

i'm shocked as well. That's a shame. It seems to be that the people no longer accept good work and it looks like they think stealing software is not a big deal, because nobody will be hurts and everyone is doing it. It's a normal case and they no longer think about it.

It all fit to my view and feelings about this place here.Programmers who shipping original work will be kicked in his ass by smiling people who just take stranger code basis...and..and..and

I don't need to sort the thing out here. :(

Daniel
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Spock wrote:That's correct. And your performance TAB will show all 4 CPUs at 100%

Zappa like most other SMP programmes uses threads, which means you only see one line in task manager with 100%. Others like Rybka use processes, which mean you would see 4 entries at 25% each
Looks like you are the only legit customer. :cry:
hristo

Post by hristo »

smk wrote:It is very frustrating not finding 3 out of 4 members in this thread in your customer's database. They are not only stealing our intellectual propertry but are also so impertinent to post here about Zappa. We will discuss what could be done about that. Any comments about this are very welcome.

Stefan
Stefan,
one possible solution is making your software available only as a service, where people rent the time that your software operates on your own hardware.
Of course, this approach comes with it's own set of problems (some of which seem unsurmountable to me at the moment, IPv6 might help), but if you want to sell software then you have to learn how to exploit the fact that people will steal it, rather than attempt to fight it. It is an uphill battle and yet if you have the funds there might be a way to make good on your hard work.

Obviously a discussion on such 'exploits' should not be done in the face of those who want to steal the software -- primarily because such people might generate too much noise without in the process contributing anything, at all.

Regards,
Hristo
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Spock wrote:That's correct. And your performance TAB will show all 4 CPUs at 100%

Zappa like most other SMP programmes uses threads, which means you only see one line in task manager with 100%. Others like Rybka use processes, which mean you would see 4 entries at 25% each
Looks like you are the only legit customer. :cry:
I think Thomas may be something of a beta tester, he had posted about some Zappa version before any of the official release of Zappa Mexico as far as I can remember, in Thorsten's old Parsimony forum? I think Thomas could clarify this.

Eelco
Spock

Post by Spock »

Tony Thomas wrote: Looks like you are the only legit customer. :cry:
I hope not the only one... :shock: