Fritz 11 news?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kirk

Re: Fritz 11 news?

Post by Kirk »

I remember back in the early years of Fritz I thought the GUI was clumsy.

The latest versions are mostly intuitive. And Fritz 10 has crashed less than previous versions as far as my experience.

They should lean more on improving/expanding the teaching aspects of the program to make more accessible to the general public. Seems that strength still appears to get the majority of the focus.
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

James Constance wrote:
playjunior wrote:I have Fritz 10 engine (as a part of Chessbase Light Package), and my opinion is that it is clearly superior to Fruit and co. in tactics.
I think you'll find that it is Fritz 6 that comes with chessbase light.

My bad; I have purchased CB Light Premium, which has Fritz 10.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

playjunior wrote:
James Constance wrote:
playjunior wrote:I have Fritz 10 engine (as a part of Chessbase Light Package), and my opinion is that it is clearly superior to Fruit and co. in tactics.
I think you'll find that it is Fritz 6 that comes with chessbase light.

My bad; I have purchased CB Light Premium, which has Fritz 10.
That's odd. I wonder why they don't advertise it; I took Extended engine interface for Fritz 10 and UCI engines to mean you can't even use a separately bought Fritz 10 in the free version.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Some limited information on new features here:

http://www.chessbaseusastore.com/Produc ... uctID=4374
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”