Fritz 11 news?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

utzinger

Re: Fritz 11 news?

Post by utzinger »

Hope Junior will be UCI as well
This will (unfortunately) not happen.
Kurt
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

Fruit is very strong. I don't even feel the need of testing it against any engine because I know it will whip most of the freeware out there. Against Fritz 10, I will never know in my machine until it arrives in the US. I am only buying Fritz 10 because of its analysis feature. It is a lot of fun looking at its text commentaries. But aside from this, I should prefer Fruit/Toga/Gambit Fruit.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

It would be really nice.
AdminX

Box Cover

Post by AdminX »

Package Screenshot

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by fern »

I coincide. More strength is for me academic, more fun is never ending...
Fernando
ohrycle

Post by ohrycle »

Will there be a "deep" version of Fritz 11 available at the same time (i.e. 15 November 2007)? Later (and if so, what might be the time frame)?

Regards,
Mark Berge
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

menniepals wrote:Fruit is very strong. I don't even feel the need of testing it against any engine because I know it will whip most of the freeware out there. Against Fritz 10, I will never know in my machine until it arrives in the US. I am only buying Fritz 10 because of its analysis feature. It is a lot of fun looking at its text commentaries. But aside from this, I should prefer Fruit/Toga/Gambit Fruit.
Funny that the game annotation has not changed much over the years. I enjoy the text commetary as well, but have noticed very little updating over the last few versions. Maybe they have been concentrating efforts on the "position evaluation"

One thing I would like to see in the "Explain all moves" window is the ability to click on a particular move and run their suggested line in an analysis window. Even if it is not the "best move" it would be interesting to visualize the consequences of each move.
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I know that a lot of people hate CB for various reasons ... but actually I like buying their products. I have been buying Fritz since it first came out ... and also the CBx products. I remember when I had to put on a silly dongle to get the software to work and used those big floppy disks. Things have changed quite a bit since then and I really like the GUI. I still think that the Fritz GUI on Playchess has some horrible well known bugs .... hopefully they will be sorted out. It seems that CB has given up trying to have the strongest engine like before ... there are many stronger UCI engines (some even free). Rybka seems to have a good GUI in the works but I have yet to see it. I think a good GUI today has to have the ability to play chess online and to be able to attract many strong players. At the moment that is why Fritz GUI has a strong advantage ... but you never know ... maybe someone else can team up with ICC or even build a brand new server and come up with a better solution, but until then the Fritz GUI is best.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

menniepals wrote:Fruit is very strong. I don't even feel the need of testing it against any engine because I know it will whip most of the freeware out there. Against Fritz 10, I will never know in my machine until it arrives in the US. I am only buying Fritz 10 because of its analysis feature. It is a lot of fun looking at its text commentaries. But aside from this, I should prefer Fruit/Toga/Gambit Fruit.
Why do you keep saying that you will buy Fritz 10 when it is available in U.S? Why buy Fritz 10, when you can buy Fritz 11 a month later? Fritz 10 is available at chess USA.
James Constance

Post by James Constance »

playjunior wrote:I have Fritz 10 engine (as a part of Chessbase Light Package), and my opinion is that it is clearly superior to Fruit and co. in tactics.
I think you'll find that it is Fritz 6 that comes with chessbase light.