When will Arena 2.00 be ready?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mrerk

Post by mrerk »

Eran Karu
Bill Rogers

Re: When will Arena 2.00 be ready?

Post by Bill Rogers »

A newer version of Arena is already out. I don't know if this is the one that you want though. You may be looking for a version more advance than that.
Bill
eriq

Post by eriq »

in about 5 more years :roll:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

I have no idea when the new Arena will be ready,but I went back to version 1.1 as it's more stable and not heavily bugged off....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I have no idea when the new Arena will be ready,but I went back to version 1.1 as it's more stable and not heavily bugged off....

I agree. :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I have no idea when the new Arena will be ready,but I went back to version 1.1 as it's more stable and not heavily bugged off....

I agree. :lol:
:P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
YL84

Post by YL84 »

1.99 beta works fine for me. Great gui; Waiting for 2 now...
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

YL84 wrote:1.99 beta works fine for me. Great gui; Waiting for 2 now...
Soon Yves soon...depends on a few things.

People have lives to lead. What is a hobby (until further notice) to Martin is not high on the list. What I can say to you is that he works on Arena when and if time allows. He is also working on the linux version. He is not a company, he is just one person with many helpers.

I personally don't care if Arena 2.0 takes two more years (but i doubt highly that is the case) to come out. Suffice it to say...Arena is and will be at the forefront of computer chess because that is what Martin wants.

How long he takes to do something is his concern. As far as i and anyone at Arena is concerned he can take as much time to do it as he wants.

It is his......and he decides what he wants to do. There is no pressure.....he has done more than enough already......

Anything else is a bonus.

Regards

Christopher
GenoM

Post by GenoM »

I agree with Christopher.
Arena is great software, thanks to all developers.
Will wait for Arena 2.0 (for Linux too)
take it easy :)
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Christopher Conkie wrote: I personally don't care if Arena 2.0 takes two more years (but i doubt highly that is the case) to come out. Suffice it to say...Arena is and will be at the forefront of computer chess because that is what Martin wants.
Anything that is at the "forefront" of any entity will have public expectations.

It is fine if you don't care when it comes out, but for others who would like a version that is less buggy or has different features will be asking when and where.

Although I don't believe Arena to be at the forefront, because it doesn't support Chessbase engines, yet Chessbase GUI supports nearly everything now... that is the forefront in my eyes.

Is there any creditable rating list that exclusively uses Arena?

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.