Fruit 2.3.1 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mike S.

Re: Question for Ryan

Post by Mike S. »

Stephen Ham wrote: I already have the Fruit 2.3.1 UCI engine, yet you say I need to create another?
That is the normal way to use an UCI engine with alternative settings, in Fritz. Because by that, your selected parameters will be stored permanently in the .uci file which is created. But if you have the screen size problem too, you can also simply open the Fruit 2.3.1.uci file with a text editor like Notepad, and add

[OPTIONS]
Extend Checks=true

to it. This is the same what the Fritz GUI would write into the .uci file if you create an UCI engine configuration with that option checked.

Up to version Fritz 8, the .uci files are located in the Fritz engine directory where also the .eng files are, a subdirectory of ..\ChessBase\. I am not 100% sure if more recent Fritzes still use the same location, but if necessary a search for .uci should easily find them.
Regards, Mike
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Well, the basic problem is, that you can't reach the Ok button, so any change you this way isn't saved in any way.
Mike provides the file with this setting, instead of using the GUI input.

What we would need, all of us who can't see all the settings, is a file like Mike's showing all settings - ready to be saved with different values - at least if we want to play around with them ;)
Henrik
Stephen Ham
Full name: Stephen Ham

Post by Stephen Ham »

Mike S. wrote:
Stephen Ham wrote: I already have the Fruit 2.3.1 UCI engine, yet you say I need to create another?
That is the normal way to use an UCI engine with alternative settings, in Fritz. Because by that, your selected parameters will be stored permanently in the .uci file which is created. But if you have the screen size problem too, you can also simply open the Fruit 2.3.1.uci file with a text editor like Notepad, and add

[OPTIONS]
Extend Checks=true

to it. This is the same what the Fritz GUI would write into the .uci file if you create an UCI engine configuration with that option checked.

Up to version Fritz 8, the .uci files are located in the Fritz engine directory where also the .eng files are, a subdirectory of ..\ChessBase\. I am not 100% sure if more recent Fritzes still use the same location, but if necessary a search for .uci should easily find them.
Thanks, Mike.

It works now. Being a computer dummy means that I need to discover many things that are self-evident to you gents, and hence unwritten in your posts Mike.

I made a copy of Fruit 2.3.1 and renamed it Fruit 2.3.1ch. I then figured out that I was supposed to go to ChessBase's UCI engine file and open it with Notepad. I made the change you recommended and saved it.

However, I failed to get that new UCI engine to install via CB's (I don't have Fritz) "Create new UCI engine" only to discover that it was already installed, even though it doesn't appear under its new name. Instead, I now have two files, both named Fruit 2.3.1. Should I delete one of the Fruit 2.3.1 files now?

Oh well, it works and that's what counts. When I click on the CB engine parameter screen the box is now checked.

Thanks again, Mike.

All the best,

Steve
Eizenhammer

Post by Eizenhammer »

Hello,

"Well, the basic problem is, that you can't reach the Ok button, so any change you this way isn't saved in any way. "

Well, just pressing enter on the keyboard should work, it is equivalent to the ok button on the screen.

"What we would need, all of us who can't see all the settings, is a file like Mike's showing all settings -"

There is the chance to run through the available options with the tab key, try it out, one can notice how the different options are highlighted.
To go into the inverse direction, use shift + tab. This is another way to go to the "Save as" button, and you can activate this one by pressing "enter" again, by keyboard. As soon as you see the corresponding dialog, you can save the setting. The CB-gui saves all the uci options, so you can see them, and change them to your pleasure :-)

I hope the general idea is clear, if not, just ask. With some training it is not hard.

happy tuning :-)
Peter
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Henrik Dinesen wrote:Well, the basic problem is, that you can't reach the Ok button, so any change you this way isn't saved in any way.
Mike provides the file with this setting, instead of using the GUI input.

What we would need, all of us who can't see all the settings, is a file like Mike's showing all settings - ready to be saved with different values - at least if we want to play around with them ;)
I don't have a Chessbase GUI to test but the files with UCI-options are probably the same in Shredder UCI GUI.

Here is a, partly hand-typed, list with the first default settings for Fruit 2.3.1, it is not a complete list but it should be possible to find the settings you want and the way to enter them in the .uci (in Shredder it is a .eng file) from the ucidebug output from Shredder below. A spin option for instance allows a range of values and minimum and maximum values you can enter are visible in the communications from the engine to the GUI.

Only the options you would want to change are necessary in the .uci file, the list of defaults is only given as an example for how options could be changed.

If you change anything, please check that options are set correctly, as far as that is possible because not the whole list of options can be made visible on the screen. It should also be noted that I (or the GUI) had some problems setting the options in the Shredder GUI when loading an engine for Shredder's Tournament and Match Mode but everything worked correctly in Analysis Mode. This could be due to a bug in the GUI but hopefully I can get back to this later, I have no further information at the moment. I described the problem in an earlier post. Only tested this with Fruit 05/11/03, can't say anything about other versions. In ChessPartner there is a scrolldown menu for the options so no problem there :) and the options set seem to work there for matches too, using the Engine Research Tool, I am not using the Shredder GUI for Fruit testmatches at the moment but use the ERT from Lex Loep.

Eelco

Partial list of the Fruit 2.3.1 Default Settings:

[OPTIONS]
Hash=32
NalimovPath=<empty>
NalimovCache=16
EGBB Path=egbb\
EGBB Cache=16
Ponder=false
OwnBook value=true
MultiPV=1
UCI_Chess960=false
UCI_EngineAbout=Fruit by Fabien Letouzey, see http://www.fruitchess.com/
BookFile=book.bin
Time Allocation=100
EGTB=true
Verification Search=Always
Quiescence Checks=1
Quiescence Checks PV=2
Pruning=Normal
Use Aspiration search=false
Use Fast Eval=true
PPExt=false
Extend Checks=false
Use Search Focus=true
Focus Depth=1
Search Focus Ext=false
Round Eval=false
Play Style=Normal
Pawn Shielding Hard=100
Pawn Shielding Soft=100
Knight Tropism=100
Queen Tropism=100
King Center Endgame=12
King Sideline Penalty=false
Pawn Opening=80
Pawn Endgame=90
Knight Value=325
Bishop Value=325
Rook Value=500
Queen Value=975
Use PPP=true
PPP Level=15
Start Max PP Level=140
Pawn Protected PP Level=30
Pawn Duo PP Level=30
Rook Behind PP Level=30
Rook Behind Opp PP Level=30

Ucidebug mode output between Fruit 2.3.1 engine and Shredder UCI interface:

### 29.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): uci

### 30.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): debug on

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Fruit 2.3.1

##### Unknown token: Fruit
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Lead Programmer: Fabien Letouzey

##### Unknown token: Lead
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Co-Programmer: Ryan Benitez

##### Unknown token: Co-Programmer:
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Book Builder: Salvo Spitaleri

##### Unknown token: Book
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Beta test team: Roger Brown

##### Unknown token: Beta
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Thorsten Czub

##### Unknown token:
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Mircea Hrubaru

##### Unknown token:
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Marc Lacrosse

##### Unknown token:
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Omar Skulason

##### Unknown token:
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Also thanks to: Joachim Rang

##### Unknown token: Also
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): Compiled by: Bryan Hofmann

##### Unknown token: Compiled
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): id name Fruit 2.3.1

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): id author Fabien Letouzey, France

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Hash type spin default 32 min 4 max 1024

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name NalimovPath type string default <empty>

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name NalimovCache type spin default 16 min 1 max 512

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name EGBB Path type string default egbb\

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name EGBB Cache type spin default 16 min 16 max 512

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Ponder type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name OwnBook type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name MultiPV type spin default 1 min 1 max 256

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name UCI_Chess960 type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name UCI_EngineAbout type string default Fruit by Fabien Letouzey, see http://www.fruitchess.com/

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name BookFile type string default book.bin

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Time Allocation type spin default 100 min 0 max 400

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name EGTB type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Verification Search type combo default Always var Always var Endgame var Never

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Quiescence Checks type spin default 1 min 1 max 2

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Quiescence Checks PV type spin default 2 min 1 max 4

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pruning type combo default Normal var Normal var Aggressive

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Aspiration search type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Fast Eval type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name PPExt type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Extend Checks type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Search Focus type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Focus Depth type spin default 1 min 0 max 4

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Search Focus Ext type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Round Eval type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Play Style type combo default Normal var Cowardly var Passive var Normal var Semi-Aggressive var Aggressive var Very-Aggressive var Gambit

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Shielding Hard type spin default 100 min 0 max 400

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Shielding Soft type spin default 100 min 0 max 400

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Knight Tropism type spin default 100 min 0 max 200

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Queen Tropism type spin default 100 min 0 max 200

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name King Center Endgame type spin default 12 min 0 max 20

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name King Sideline Penalty type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Opening type spin default 80 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Endgame type spin default 90 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Knight Value type spin default 325 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Bishop Value type spin default 325 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Rook Value type spin default 500 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Queen Value type spin default 975 min 0 max 2000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use PPP type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name PPP Level type spin default 15 min 0 max 40

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Start Max PP Level type spin default 140 min 0 max 200

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Protected PP Level type spin default 30 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo PP Level type spin default 30 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Rook Behind PP Level type spin default 30 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Rook Behind Opp PP Level type spin default 30 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name King Attack PP Level type spin default 5 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name King Defend PP Level type spin default 20 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Weight type spin default 2 min 0 max 10

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame) type spin default 1 min 0 max 10

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h type spin default 1 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g type spin default 2 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f type spin default 3 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File d+e type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame) type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame) type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame) type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame) type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 2 type spin default 0 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 3 type spin default 0 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 4 type spin default 4 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 5 type spin default 5 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 6 type spin default 6 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pawn Duo Rank 7 type spin default 7 min 0 max 25

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Knight in Hole Bonus type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Bishop in Hole Bonus type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Bad Bishop type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use Queen in Hole Bonus type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS type spin default 50 min 50 max 150

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Use piece combos type check default true

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY type spin default 10 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS type spin default 10 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS type spin default 10 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name B BETTER THAN N BONUS type spin default 10 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Rook Attack type spin default 7 min 5 max 7

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Pieces over queen bonus type spin default 0 min 0 max 50

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Rook over Knight endgame bonus type spin default 0 min 0 max 100

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Piece Pawn Score Adjustment type check default false

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): option name Contempt Factor type spin default 0 min -1000 max 1000

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): uciok

Fruit by Fabien Letouzey, see http://www.fruitchess.com/
### 31.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): setoption name Hash value 64

### 32.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): isready

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): EgbbProbe not Loaded!

##### Unknown token: EgbbProbe
### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): readyok

setoption name NalimovPath value C:\Nalimov\

### 33.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): setoption name NalimovPath value C:\Nalimov\

setoption name NalimovCache value 8

### 34.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): setoption name NalimovCache value 8

setoption name Ponder value true

### 35.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): setoption name Ponder value true

setoption name OwnBook value true

### 36.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): setoption name OwnBook value true

### 37.: to Fruit 2.3.1 (0): isready

### from Fruit 2.3.1 (0): readyok

Engine: Fruit 2.3.1 (64 MB)
gemaakt door Fabien Letouzey, France
Eizenhammer

Post by Eizenhammer »

Hello Eelco,

this is what the *.uci looks like in my Fritz; values are default ones:

[Fruit231]

EGBB Path=egbb\

EGBB Cache=16

OwnBook=2

UCI_Chess960=1

BookFile=book.bin

Time Allocation=100

EGTB=2

Verification Search=0

Quiescence Checks=1

Quiescence Checks PV=2

Pruning=0

Use Aspiration search=1

Use Fast Eval=2

PPExt=1

Extend Checks=1

Use Search Focus=2

Focus Depth=1

Search Focus Ext=1

Round Eval=1

Play Style=2

Pawn Shielding Hard=100

Pawn Shielding Soft=100

Knight Tropism=100

Queen Tropism=100

King Center Endgame=12

King Sideline Penalty=1

Pawn Opening=80

Pawn Endgame=90

Knight Value=325

Bishop Value=325

Rook Value=500

Queen Value=975

Use PPP=2

PPP Level=15

Start Max PP Level=140

Pawn Duo PP Level=30

Rook Behind PP Level=30

King Attack PP Level=5

King Defend PP Level=20

Pawn Duo=1

Pawn Duo Weight=2

Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame)=1

Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h=1

Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g=2

Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f=3

Pawn Duo File d+e=4

Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame)=4

Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame)=4

Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame)=4

Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame)=4

Pawn Duo Rank 2=0

Pawn Duo Rank 3=0

Pawn Duo Rank 4=4

Pawn Duo Rank 5=5

Pawn Duo Rank 6=6

Pawn Duo Rank 7=7

Use Knight in Hole Bonus=2

Use Bishop in Hole Bonus=1

Use Bad Bishop=1

Use Queen in Hole Bonus=1

BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS=50

Use piece combos=2

QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY=10

RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS=10

QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS=10

B BETTER THAN N BONUS=10

Rook Attack=7

Pieces over queen bonus=0

Rook over Knight endgame bonus=0

Piece Pawn Score Adjustment=1

Contempt Factor=0
geots

Post by geots »

Stephen Ham wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, as a computer dummy, that went completely over my head!

I already have the Fruit 2.3.1 UCI engine, yet you say I need to create another?

OK, I can copy the engine and make a duplicate. But why, Mike? Using the CB gui, I found where I can check the box to extend checks. But as soon as I leave that screen the check is erased.

Yes, the screen page was too large as well. But, you wrote that that I can add a line to manually extend checks. Why? I already have access to that line, but it just refuses to stay.

Sorry for being so ignorant, Mike.

Any suggestions?

Im always looking for the easiest way to do something, so i went this route. I got to the point of being ready to load it in chessbase as a uci engine. I then brought up parameters and checked the "extend check" box. But you cant click ok and load because it wont let you change Fruit 2.3.1 parameters. So i just added EC to the end of the name -standing for extend check, and i have changed the name of the engine. Now the default parameters for Fruit 2.3.1EC will have the extend box checked whenever you load it by default. I imagine there are a dozen ways to do it, but this is the simplest. If you prefer another way, knock yourself out. :) I suppose this is the same procedure Mike was talking about, we just added something a little diff. to the end of the name. Doesnt really matter. You can add anything.
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Yes Peter, thanks! :-)

Think my mind must have been sleeping :wink:
Probably it's an traditional pattern, when you're used to the mouse - I had reached the Enter-button, though...

Tuning-begins regards,
Henrik
geots

Post by geots »

I was wrong- which is not uncommon for people who know me. I was confusing commands a CB gui wont recognize in an ini file for a uci engine that happens to have one. However, after loading Fruit 2.3.1, you can go the the uci file created as Mike suggested and add the command

[OPTIONS]
Extend Checks=true

Then go back and look at your parameters for Fruit 2.3.1 and "presto"- extend check is ticked!

Yes, go ahead and have a good laugh at my expense, Graham. :roll:
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Hi Eelco, Thx:)

The parameter ranges I found in CA, where they're all shown when setting up. First time I've looked closer at the UCI-setting dialog in CA, except for general engine creation. The program saves all UCI's in one file, with their settings, this apparantly includes all the defaults, and a bunch of stuff about layout, redundant in other programs. A small sample:
[Fruit 2.3 FormControl1]
Left=10
Top=10
Width=160
Height=13
Type=Text
Caption=NalimovPath
[Fruit 2.3 FormControl2]
Left=10
Top=28
Width=160
Height=21
Type=Edit
Value=NalimovPath
Default=<empty>
[Fruit 2.3 FormControl3]
Left=10
Top=59
Width=160
Height=13
Type=Text
When removing all that from the file, there's
[Fruit 2.3 Section]
Values=Fruit 2.3 Values
Types=Fruit 2.3 Types
Form=Fruit 2.3 Form
[Fruit 2.3 Values]
NalimovPath=<empty>
NalimovCache=16
EGBB Path=egbb\
EGBB Cache=16
Ponder=0
OwnBook=1
UCI_Chess960=0
BookFile=book.bin
Time Allocation=100
EGTB=1
Verification Search=Always
Quiescence Checks=1
Quiescence Checks PV=2
Pruning=Normal
Use Aspiration search=0
Use Fast Eval=1
PPExt=0
Use Search Focus=1
Focus Depth=1
Search Focus Ext=0
Round Eval=0
Play Style=Normal
Pawn Shielding Hard=100
Pawn Shielding Soft=100
Knight Tropism=100
Queen Tropism=100
King Center Endgame=12
King Sideline Penalty=0
Pawn Opening=80
Pawn Endgame=90
Knight Value=325
Bishop Value=325
Rook Value=500
Queen Value=975
Use PPP=1
PPP Level=15
Start Max PP Level=140
Pawn Duo PP Level=30
Rook Behind PP Level=30
King Attack PP Level=5
King Defend PP Level=20
Pawn Duo=0
Pawn Duo Weight=2
Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame)=1
Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h=1
Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g=2
Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f=3
Pawn Duo File d+e=4
Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame)=4
Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame)=4
Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame)=4
Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame)=4
Pawn Duo Rank 2=0
Pawn Duo Rank 3=0
Pawn Duo Rank 4=4
Pawn Duo Rank 5=5
Pawn Duo Rank 6=6
Pawn Duo Rank 7=7
Use Knight in Hole Bonus=1
Use Bishop in Hole Bonus=0
Use Bad Bishop=0
Use Queen in Hole Bonus=0
BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS=50
Use piece combos=1
QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY=10
RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS=10
QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS=10
B BETTER THAN N BONUS=10
Rook Attack=7
Pieces over queen bonus=0
Rook over Knight endgame bonus=0
Piece Pawn Score Adjustment=0
Contempt Factor=0
[Fruit 2.3 Types]
NalimovPath=Text
NalimovCache=Int
EGBB Path=Text
EGBB Cache=Int
Ponder=Boolean
OwnBook=Boolean
UCI_Chess960=Boolean
UCI_EngineAbout=Text
BookFile=Text
Time Allocation=Int
EGTB=Boolean
Verification Search=Text
Quiescence Checks=Int
Quiescence Checks PV=Int
Pruning=Text
Use Aspiration search=Boolean
Use Fast Eval=Boolean
PPExt=Boolean
Use Search Focus=Boolean
Focus Depth=Int
Search Focus Ext=Boolean
Round Eval=Boolean
Play Style=Text
Pawn Shielding Hard=Int
Pawn Shielding Soft=Int
Knight Tropism=Int
Queen Tropism=Int
King Center Endgame=Int
King Sideline Penalty=Boolean
Pawn Opening=Int
Pawn Endgame=Int
Knight Value=Int
Bishop Value=Int
Rook Value=Int
Queen Value=Int
Use PPP=Boolean
PPP Level=Int
Start Max PP Level=Int
Pawn Protected PP Level=Int
Pawn Duo PP Level=Int
Rook Behind PP Level=Int
Rook Behind Opp PP Level=Int
King Attack PP Level=Int
King Defend PP Level=Int
Pawn Duo=Boolean
Pawn Duo Weight=Int
Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame)=Int
Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h=Int
Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g=Int
Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f=Int
Pawn Duo File d+e=Int
Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame)=Int
Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame)=Int
Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame)=Int
Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame)=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 2=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 3=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 4=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 5=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 6=Int
Pawn Duo Rank 7=Int
Use Knight in Hole Bonus=Boolean
Use Bishop in Hole Bonus=Boolean
Use Bad Bishop=Boolean
Use Queen in Hole Bonus=Boolean
BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS=Int
Use piece combos=Boolean
QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY=Int
RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS=Int
QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS=Int
B BETTER THAN N BONUS=Int
Rook Attack=Int
Pieces over queen bonus=Int
Rook over Knight endgame bonus=Int
Piece Pawn Score Adjustment=Boolean
Contempt Factor=Int
Caption=NalimovPath
Value=NalimovPath
Default=<empty>
Caption="NalimovCache (1 - 512)"
[Fruit 2.3 FormControl4]
Value=NalimovCache
Default=16
Min=1
Max=512
Frequency=5
Caption=EGBB Path
Value=EGBB Path
Default=egbb\
Caption="EGBB Cache (16 - 512)"
Value=EGBB Cache
Default=16
Min=16
Max=512
Frequency=5
Caption=Ponder
Value=Ponder
Default=0
Caption=OwnBook
Value=OwnBook
Default=1
Caption=UCI_Chess960
Value=UCI_Chess960
Default=0
Caption=UCI_EngineAbout
Value=UCI_EngineAbout
Default=Fruit by Fabien Letouzey, see http://www.fruitchess.com/
Caption=BookFile
Value=BookFile
Default=book.bin
Caption="Time Allocation (0 - 400)"
Value=Time Allocation
Default=100
Min=0
Max=400
Frequency=5
Caption=EGTB
Value=EGTB
Default=1
Caption=Verification Search
Value=Verification Search
Default=Always
Items="Always" "Endgame" "Never"
Caption="Quiescence Checks (1 - 2)"
Value=Quiescence Checks
Default=1
Min=1
Max=2
Frequency=5
Caption="Quiescence Checks PV (1 - 4)"
Value=Quiescence Checks PV
Default=2
Min=1
Max=4
Frequency=5
Caption=Pruning
Value=Pruning
Default=Normal
Items="Normal" "Aggressive"
Caption=Use Aspiration search
Value=Use Aspiration search
Default=0
Caption=Use Fast Eval
Value=Use Fast Eval
Default=1
Caption=PPExt
Value=PPExt
Default=0
Caption=Use Search Focus
Value=Use Search Focus
Default=1
Caption="Focus Depth (0 - 4)"
Value=Focus Depth
Default=1
Min=0
Max=4
Frequency=5
Caption=Search Focus Ext
Value=Search Focus Ext
Default=0
Caption=Round Eval
Value=Round Eval
Default=0
Caption=Play Style
Value=Play Style
Default=Normal
Items="Cowardly" "Passive" "Normal" "Semi-Aggressive" "Aggressive" "Very-Aggressive" "Gambit"
Caption="Pawn Shielding Hard (0 - 400)"
Value=Pawn Shielding Hard
Default=100
Min=0
Max=400
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Shielding Soft (0 - 400)"
Value=Pawn Shielding Soft
Default=100
Min=0
Max=400
Frequency=5
Caption="Knight Tropism (0 - 200)"
Value=Knight Tropism
Default=100
Min=0
Max=200
Frequency=5
Caption="Queen Tropism (0 - 200)"
Value=Queen Tropism
Default=100
Min=0
Max=200
Frequency=5
Caption="King Center Endgame (0 - 20)"
Value=King Center Endgame
Default=12
Min=0
Max=20
Frequency=5
Caption=King Sideline Penalty
Value=King Sideline Penalty
Default=0
Caption="Pawn Opening (0 - 2000)"
Value=Pawn Opening
Default=80
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Endgame (0 - 2000)"
Value=Pawn Endgame
Default=90
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption="Knight Value (0 - 2000)"
Value=Knight Value
Default=325
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption="Bishop Value (0 - 2000)"
Value=Bishop Value
Default=325
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption="Rook Value (0 - 2000)"
Type=Slider
Value=Rook Value
Default=500
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption="Queen Value (0 - 2000)"
Value=Queen Value
Default=975
Min=0
Max=2000
Frequency=5
Caption=Use PPP
Value=Use PPP
Default=1
Caption="PPP Level (0 - 40)"
Value=PPP Level
Default=15
Min=0
Max=40
Frequency=5
Caption="Start Max PP Level (0 - 200)"
Value=Start Max PP Level
Default=140
Min=0
Max=200
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Protected PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=Pawn Protected PP Level
Default=30
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=Pawn Duo PP Level
Default=30
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="Rook Behind PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=Rook Behind PP Level
Default=30
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="Rook Behind Opp PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=Rook Behind Opp PP Level
Default=30
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="King Attack PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=King Attack PP Level
Default=5
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="King Defend PP Level (0 - 50)"
Value=King Defend PP Level
Default=20
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption=Pawn Duo
Value=Pawn Duo
Default=0
Caption="Pawn Duo Weight (0 - 10)"
Value=Pawn Duo Weight
Default=2
Min=0
Max=10
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame) (0 - 10)"
Value=Pawn Duo Weight (Endgame)
Default=1
Min=0
Max=10
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h
Default=1
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g
Default=2
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f
Default=3
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File d+e (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File d+e
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame) (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File a+b or g+h (Endgame)
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame) (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File b+c or f+g (Endgame)
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame) (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File c+d or e+f (Endgame)
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame) (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo File d+e (Endgame)
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 2 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 2
Default=0
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 3 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 3
Default=0
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 4 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 4
Default=4
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 5 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 5
Default=5
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 6 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 6
Default=6
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption="Pawn Duo Rank 7 (0 - 25)"
Value=Pawn Duo Rank 7
Default=7
Min=0
Max=25
Frequency=5
Caption=Use Knight in Hole Bonus
Value=Use Knight in Hole Bonus
Default=1
Caption=Use Bishop in Hole Bonus
Value=Use Bishop in Hole Bonus
Default=0
Caption=Use Bad Bishop
Value=Use Bad Bishop
Default=0
Caption=Use Queen in Hole Bonus
Value=Use Queen in Hole Bonus
Default=0
Caption="BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS (50 - 150)"
Value=BISHOP PAIR VS NO MINORS
Default=50
Min=50
Max=150
Frequency=5
Caption=Use piece combos
Value=Use piece combos
Default=1
Caption="QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY (0 - 50)"
Value=QB WORSE THAN QN PENALTY
Default=10
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS (0 - 50)"
[Fruit 2.3 FormControl120]
Left=1410
Top=141
Width=160
Height=15
Type=Slider
Value=RB BETTER THAN RN BONUS
Default=10
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS (0 - 50)"
Value=QRB BETTER THAN QRN BONUS
Default=10
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="B BETTER THAN N BONUS (0 - 50)"
Value=B BETTER THAN N BONUS
Default=10
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="Rook Attack (5 - 7)"
Value=Rook Attack
Default=7
Min=5
Max=7
Frequency=5
Caption="Pieces over queen bonus (0 - 50)"
Value=Pieces over queen bonus
Default=0
Min=0
Max=50
Frequency=5
Caption="Rook over Knight endgame bonus (0 - 100)"
Value=Rook over Knight endgame bonus
Default=0
Min=0
Max=100
Frequency=5
Caption=Piece Pawn Score Adjustment
Value=Piece Pawn Score Adjustment
Default=0
Caption="Contempt Factor (-1000 - 1000)"
Value=Contempt Factor
Default=0
Min=-1000
Max=1000
Frequency=5
ControlCount=133
Caption=Fruit 2.3 Setup
left.

The ranges is clearly useful when setting up engines with minor changes in a text-editor (a lot easier than using the GUI).
Surely, the ranges "should" be extracted from the above content, but I trust Ryan soon will make something a lot better ;)
Henrik