This Place Isn't the Same Without Steve B.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: This Place Isn't the Same Without Steve B.

Post by hgm »

Terry McCracken wrote:You're wrong Graham, he has left, and I've you to thank for it!
Let's not get confused here.

If Steve left, there is no one other to blame for it than himself.

And if he only wants to come here if he can post like in the posts that were moderated, than I would say: Good riddens!

Don't interpret this wrong, this is not an anti-Steve post. As far as I am concerned, Steve is more than welcome here, as long as he is able to abide by the rules.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote: You're wrong Graham, he has left, and I've you to thank for it!
Steve will return if elections are held. However, if they're not held soon he may never return!
I'm not wrong actually Terry. Moderators can see all members who view the forums, including the ones who've chosen to remain hidden,
I can assure you that Steve views the forums every day. It's just that he's chosen not to post at present.

I might add that I stand by my actions in moderating the thread in question.
It's unwise referring to "mediocre" engine authors in a derogatory light and accuse them of critising Harvey because of jealousy amongst other things.

Regards, Graham.
Last edited by Graham Banks on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

gerold wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
rjand wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:Or many other members who have decided to leave CCC :cry:

Elections Now! Regards,
Terry
Hi Terry,

I must have missed something. Why has Steve & company left?

Best,
Rick
Due to a certain moderator...it was the last straw! :evil:

Terry
Yes we all miss Steve. Maybe he will post better when he comes
back. :) :) :)
I guess he will start posting soon. He can't stay away long.

As far as the Moderator he has my full support.
So some crybabies will have to be more mature.

He may Moderate this post which would be ok.

Good luck,

Gerold.
I agree 100% Gerold. And if people want to have moderator elections then they should start organizing things. I think the Help and Suggestions Forum would be the best place for that? I do feel sorry with the present team of moderators for not being relieved from duty for so long. What do the moderators themselves think about this? At some point in time, do we want to have new moderator elections?

Eelco
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Eelco de Groot wrote: I do feel sorry with the present team of moderators for not being relieved from duty for so long. What do the moderators themselves think about this? At some point in time, do we want to have new moderator elections?

Eelco
Of course. We weren't elected for life.

Regards, Graham.