What did Rybka in Amsterdam today?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: What did Rybka in Amsterdam today?

Post by Terry McCracken »

Torstein wrote:
mclane wrote:i don't understand you.

who is leftie ?
It was supposed to be a joke, but that is some times difficult in writing than talking.

Anyway, a Leftie is in my book a person with political opinions to the left of the social democratic ones.....

:lol:
Marc Lacrosse

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

Rybka just blew a won endgame (R+P vs N+P) against Zap because she played without tablebases.

So the game is a draw.

Marc
Nid Hogge

Post by Nid Hogge »

Marc Lacrosse wrote:Rybka just blew a won endgame (R+P vs N+P) against Zap because she played without tablebases.

So the game is a draw.

Marc
By Vasik Rajlich

Just a few comments about this game and tomorrow's release:

1)We are playing with tablebases, including 37 Gigs of 6-man TBs on a very fast drive. We just don't have KRPKNP. And no, we're not going to scramble tonight to add this one to our collection because of this game. (Now watch the same thing happen again tomorrow )

2) There are some chances to win anyway. I played around a bit after the game with our Amsterdam machine and sometimes Rybka can search her way to the various 5-piece TB wins (all involving Kg1-h2), and sometimes she can't (at least in a reasonable time). The various 'search conditions' can easily make a difference here of several orders of magnitude.
Tough luck.