This is to clarify the "abandonware" issue.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

Re: This is to clarify the "abandonware" issue.

Post by Albert Silver »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: Only because as an elected moderator - as someone who elected you I have the right to ask the question.

As I have to any candidate that stands.

If you cant answer the question that is your problem.
I'm sure you can explain that last phrase of yours.

Albert
Shall i quote the email i have a copy of?
So you are suggesting I supported piracy via e-mail?

Albert
Albert,

The Charter is not 'crystal' about piracy as you suggest so I give you 1 last chance to make your views crystal.
It is crystal clear in fact, and I feel no need whatsoever to clarify my views. I think that if there had been doubt as to where I stood, I would not have been elected. Feel free to bring this up day in and day out here, just don't confuse can't with won't. If however, I find myself up for election as a mod, I will answer this question should it finally let you sleep at night.

Regarding the charter: the part on 'doubtful legal status' is to ensure that not only are all 'CLEARLY illegal posts' removed, but that those of doubtful nature as well.

Albert
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: Only because as an elected moderator - as someone who elected you I have the right to ask the question.

As I have to any candidate that stands.

If you cant answer the question that is your problem.
I'm sure you can explain that last phrase of yours.

Albert
Shall i quote the email i have a copy of?
So you are suggesting I supported piracy via e-mail?

Albert
Albert,

The Charter is not 'crystal' about piracy as you suggest so I give you 1 last chance to make your views crystal.
It is crystal clear in fact, and I feel no need whatsoever to clarify my views. I think that if there had been doubt as to where I stood, I would not have been elected. Feel free to bring this up day in and day out here, just don't confuse can't with won't. If however, I find myself up for election as a mod, I will answer this question should it finally let you sleep at night.

Regarding the charter: the part on 'doubtful legal status' is to ensure that not only are all 'CLEARLY illegal posts' removed, but that those of doubtful nature as well.

Albert

Albert,

You are wrong ask Graham why he had to reinstate Chinmay.

Harvey
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote: You are wrong ask Graham why he had to reinstate Chinmay.

Harvey
Chinmay made no posts on CCC that were against the charter.

Regards, Graham.
Harvey Williamson

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: You are wrong ask Graham why he had to reinstate Chinmay.

Harvey

Regards, Graham.
lol that just about sums it up. As you have stated to me the charter does not explicitly outlaw piracy. So I think it is a legitimate question to ask a moderator his views. Albert seems unable to give his.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Harvey

Regards, Graham.
lol that just about sums it up.
The mods are bound by the charter.

When I asked the previous owner for advice regarding those members associated with sites to do with piracy and cloning, I was told that unless they openly advertised or advocated piracy or other illegal activities on CCC, there was nothing wrong with them posting here.

So no point laughing at the mods. We don't make the rules.
Harvey Williamson

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Harvey

Regards, Graham.
lol that just about sums it up.
The mods are bound by the charter.

When I asked the previous owner for advice regarding those members associated with sites to do with piracy and cloning, I was told that unless they openly advertised or advocated piracy or other illegal activities on CCC, there was nothing wrong with them posting here.

So no point laughing at the mods. We don't make the rules.
lol - but that does make alberts posts look silly and i demand to know his views on piracy.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:lol - but that does make alberts posts look silly and i demand to know his views on piracy.
How does it make Albert's post look silly?
You've been asked several occasions to stop harrassing Albert, yet you persist like a dog fighting over a bone.
I'm sure other members are just as annoyed as I am that you keep bringing the issue up time and time again.
You have no right to demand anything of Albert.

Regards, Graham.
Harvey Williamson

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:lol - but that does make alberts posts look silly and i demand to know his views on piracy.
How does it make Albert's post look silly?
You've been asked several occasions to stop harrassing Albert, yet you persist like a dog fighting over a bone.
I'm sure other members are just as annoyed as I am that you keep bringing the issue up time and time again as if you're lord and master of everything that goes on here.
You have no right to demand anything of Albert.

Regards, Graham.
Is he not an elected mod? If anyone thinks he rules this place it is you.

Albert brought the subject up today with his crystal comments that are false. So therefeor i have a right to no his opinion - not yours graham,

He has made statements tonight that are clearly not in the charter. He is elected and is therefore open to questions. There is nothing more simple than that. Why do you have to always clean up after him - cant he speak for himself?
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Fri May 25, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:He has made statements tonight that are clearly not in the charter. He is elected and is therefore open to questions. There is nothing more simple than that. Why do you have to always clean up after him - cant he speak for himself?
The charter is quite clear as has been explained. If one makes posts of a questionably legal nature, one is breaking the charter.

If a member posts advertising or advocating piracy or illegal cloning, then that is obviously against the charter.

What are you still unsure about?
Harvey Williamson

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:He has made statements tonight that are clearly not in the charter. He is elected and is therefore open to questions. There is nothing more simple than that. Why do you have to always clean up after him - cant he speak for himself?
The charter is quite clear as has been explained. If one makes posts of a questionably legal nature, one is breaking the charter.

If a member posts advertising or advocating piracy or illegal cloning, then that is obviously against the charter.

What are you still unsure about?
Is Albert Silver against piracy?