Include/Exclude Moves from Analysis

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: Include/Exclude Moves from Analysis

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Tord Romstad wrote:
Marc MP wrote:
Tord Romstad wrote:
Marc MP wrote:I tried Glaurung, Pharaon, Naum 2.0 but no luck.
Hello Marc,

What problems did you have with Glaurung? Glaurung does support the 'searchmoves' command, so I don't see why the Include/Exclude move option shouldn't work.

Tord
Hi Tord,

Thank you for pointing out. I mistakenly set up the time control at 1 sec per move (instead of something longer) and I thought the analysis ended unexpectedly. Everything works like a charm of course!
Great, that means that I don't have yet another bug to track down. :)

By the way, the analysis mode for UCI engines in the Chessbase UIs is broken, as Ernest Bonnem helped me find out some time ago: The GUI doesn't set the UCI_AnalyseMode parameter correctly.

Tord
Hello Tord, if you happen to read this,

Could you maybe say something more about it, what happens if the UCI_AnalyseMode is not set correctly? Does it mean something like that in analysismode the search is simulated like in gameplay but with infinite time as a timecontrol?

Unfortunately the original thread with Glaurung's analysis from Ernest is lost long since, it was a while ago.

Maybe the latest Chessbase updates have it fixed, but probably not? As a non Chessbase owner I can't test it. But I am sure that many people will like to know more about the difference, and if they have to threaten Chessbase with wanting refunds if they don't repair this..

Eelco