Software for Printing Games/Positions?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fncll

Software for Printing Games/Positions?

Post by fncll »

I've seen a fair number of questions about chess databases and such here, so please forgive the intrusion if it is one...

I am looking for some kind of software that can take a file of PGN games (or some other set of games) and prepare them for print with a diagram of the final position at the end of each one. I can only find manual ways to do this so far, inserting a diagram nag at the end of each game manually in Scid, etc... but that is tedious and then when the game changes and I need a new set of printouts I have to repeat the process.

Can this be done with a set of games in CA? CB? Other?

A second option would be an automated way to at least export the EPD or FEN of a set of games and print all the positions at once, though I would prefer to have the moves and game header info as well. I'm more than happy to pay for the software!

This should be easier than it seems like it is...
Pradu

Re: Software for Printing Games/Positions?

Post by Pradu »

fncll wrote:I've seen a fair number of questions about chess databases and such here, so please forgive the intrusion if it is one...

I am looking for some kind of software that can take a file of PGN games (or some other set of games) and prepare them for print with a diagram of the final position at the end of each one. I can only find manual ways to do this so far, inserting a diagram nag at the end of each game manually in Scid, etc... but that is tedious and then when the game changes and I need a new set of printouts I have to repeat the process.

Can this be done with a set of games in CA? CB? Other?

A second option would be an automated way to at least export the EPD or FEN of a set of games and print all the positions at once, though I would prefer to have the moves and game header info as well. I'm more than happy to pay for the software!

This should be easier than it seems like it is...
How about Jose? jose-chess.sf.net