Chess Now on You tube is hilarious

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

IanO

Re: Chess Now on You tube is hilarious

Post by IanO »

The Chess Show was much more entertaining, in my opinion. It looks like they've also archived a bunch of their clips on YouTube.

http://chessshow.com/

The show was so popular in Portland that they tapped the lovely Cybelle to promote the state championship one year!

(Any forum member worth their salt should recognize the interface they used in the show.)

Ian
MikeB

Re: The missing Labone knight at a6 - found!

Post by MikeB »

Patatov wrote:...
However, on another game he looses in 4 moves : 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Bc5 3.Nxe5 Qh5 4.d3 Qxf2 mate... My comments are "no one makes move like that... No my little cousin, no my grandpa"
Seems to me that these grand masters were very weak in the 60's...
I would say the television script writing was very weak in the '60's.

:P
Nelson Hernandez

Re: The missing Labone knight at a6 - found!

Post by Nelson Hernandez »

Come on, give them credit! At least they got the white square in the upper left corner! They almost always get that wrong in movies and television, leading me to think that the times they get it right are pure happenstance, as everyone knows nobody plays chess in Hollywood. It's a complicated prop with a board and 32 pieces! (Bogart was perhaps the one exception and he's been dead 50 years.)
Terry McCracken

Re: Chess Now on You tube is hilarious

Post by Terry McCracken »

IanO wrote:The Chess Show was much more entertaining, in my opinion. It looks like they've also archived a bunch of their clips on YouTube.

http://chessshow.com/

The show was so popular in Portland that they tapped the lovely Cybelle to promote the state championship one year!

(Any forum member worth their salt should recognize the interface they used in the show.)

Ian
Oh that's really lame... :lol:

Yeah, the interface is originally from the early Chessmaster series, IE Chessmaster 2000 and 3000, Software Toolworks, copyright 1986-93.

Terry