Chess Tiger 2007.1 has just been released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tiger

Re: Chess Tiger 2007.1 has just been released

Post by tiger »

George Bodkin wrote:It still only says 2007. I tryed to reinstall but still no luck still 2007.

George

OK. I'm passing this information to Lex Loep who is better qualified to assist you.

// Christophe
tiger

Post by tiger »

F.Huber wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
mclane wrote:if you installed the update the engine automatically calls itself 2007.1.
if not than something is wrong.
Yes, something is wrong, my engine is still dated January 30th.
ChessTiger2007UCI.exe 30.01.2007 ==> UCI interface (NOT updated)
ct2007stub.dll 22.12.2006 ==> CP interface (NOT updated)
ct2007.dll 06.04.2007 ==> ChessTiger engine (UPDATED)

Quite easy to understand, isn´t it? :wink:

Under the ChessBase interface, the engine module is still named "Chess Tiger 2007". However, when you open the parameters dialog, the title bar says "Chess Tiger 2007.1".

// Christophe
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

tiger wrote:
F.Huber wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
mclane wrote:if you installed the update the engine automatically calls itself 2007.1.
if not than something is wrong.
Yes, something is wrong, my engine is still dated January 30th.
ChessTiger2007UCI.exe 30.01.2007 ==> UCI interface (NOT updated)
ct2007stub.dll 22.12.2006 ==> CP interface (NOT updated)
ct2007.dll 06.04.2007 ==> ChessTiger engine (UPDATED)

Quite easy to understand, isn´t it? :wink:

Under the ChessBase interface, the engine module is still named "Chess Tiger 2007". However, when you open the parameters dialog, the title bar says "Chess Tiger 2007.1".

// Christophe
Yes, the .dll is updated. I guess I got confused because the initial two updates focused on the UCI interface and not on the actual engine.
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

tiger wrote: Under the ChessBase interface, the engine module is still named "Chess Tiger 2007". However, when you open the parameters dialog, the title bar says "Chess Tiger 2007.1".
That´s true, but there are two simple ways to correct this:
either manually edit CBs *.eng file with a texteditor, or just delete the *.eng file and create it again ...
George Bodkin

Post by George Bodkin »

I don't use CB I use Arena Do I just rename the engine to CT2007.1

George
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

George Bodkin wrote:I don't use CB I use Arena Do I just rename the engine to CT2007.1

George
I copied the folder to my arena engine folder (like I did with the previous version), yes I renamed it.
tiger

Post by tiger »

Tony Thomas wrote:
George Bodkin wrote:I don't use CB I use Arena Do I just rename the engine to CT2007.1

George
I copied the folder to my arena engine folder (like I did with the previous version), yes I renamed it.

I think it's not a good idea.

If possible you should point the GUI to the location where the engine has been installed by the native interface installer.

I remember there are potential big problems if you move or copy the engine directory.

// Christophe
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

tiger wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:

George

If possible you should point the GUI to the location where the engine has been installed by the native interface installer.

I remember there are potential big problems if you move or copy the engine directory.

// Christophe
I havent had any problems so far, the engine seem to work perfectly. Yes, it is possible to point the location using the GUI. However, when there are updates, and the previous version gets written over by the newer update, there is a problem for someone who keeps a rating list.
Karmazen & Oliver

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

OK... my first evaluation.

CT 2007 is a lot of more powerfull that previus CT15 and ct14... in the star position game...

after some seconds... (eval infinite )

CT007 plys near 18 plys ¡¡ and previus engine comes on14-15 plys...

This engine is more fast that previus... and analyze more Kn/s... maybe 20-30 % more of Kn/s.. on my system 600 Kn/s-900Kn/s...

on play versus other engine... the results on fast game not is perfect... maybe I must upgrade to 2007.1 ... I´m not sure ...

When I give more time for game... 7 minutes for game... Tiger can arrive to 18 plys. and his lives GO up very fast...

I´m continue test, and do a "macht" versus previus ct15 and ct14...

How many ELO go up with the upgrade 2007.1 ? I hope that CT7 knows that in the end games is better a bishop that a knight, and if are two better too...

I say that because this day chess tiger 2007 are play a lot of games with a kninght and lost... versus bishop... maybe it´s my book... but remenber this...

bye... ( good news for ct2007 )
Last edited by Karmazen & Oliver on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

tiger wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:

George

// Christophe
If you were refering to a possible copyright issue problem, the engine executes a copyright check under UCI when it loads.

Code: Select all

55344<1&#58;option name Style type combo default Normal var Normal var Gambit var Gambit agressive var Gambit suicidal
55344<1&#58;option name MultiVariation threshold type spin default 100 min 20 max 30000
55344<1&#58;option name MultiPV type spin default 1 min 1 max 8
55360<1&#58;uciok
55360<1&#58;copyprotection checking
55360<1&#58;copyprotection ok
55563>1&#58;setoption name Ponder value false
55563>1&#58;isready
56094<1&#58;readyok