For Steven Blincoe

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: For Steven Blincoe

Post by Terry McCracken »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Steve, I believe you're now the number four poster at this forum, Thorsten three, Tony at two spot and moi...I've broken the odometer :shock:

Give me all she's got Scotty! Regards,
Terry

Hmmm....wonder where I come in (not that matters) :P
Opps! :oops:

Sorry Graham, you come in at number four and Steve at a lowly number five! :o

I hope I've got it correct this time? :wink:

Commander Data, Warp Drive Now! Regards,
Terry

Actually Terry
i was number 9 ALLTIME poster on the old CCC board and ever since Boylan disappeared i moved into number 5 here
not that it accounts for anything mind you, nor does it even afford me any privileges what so ever, in fact i guess it even works against me
i was almost kicked out of here because i took umbrage to the fact that a new member was insulting me

:wink: Regards
Steve
PS..the forums are being moved to a new server...this week..i think
if so..i think everyone starts from scratch again
I finally get a chance to repent, I can either try to catch up with Terry in the new forum, or try not to be a postwhore again.
Once a postwhore, always a postwhore :wink: Personally, I was thinking about breaking five digits then going into BB Anonymous...after rehabilitation, maybe do something more productive, and write a book :shock:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

one thing for sure Terry

it would be a very Loooooong Book

Steve
Terry McCracken

Steve B wrote:one thing for sure Terry

it would be a very Loooooong Book

Steve
:lol:
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:Well, I also took umbrage with a new poster insulting me and I was canned for a week!
Yeah, Steve, trump that.

Best
Dan H.
Which...my canning, or the cans in your avatar? :lol:

Terry
Neither, actually. I just thought it was funny with Steve grumbling about what _almost_ happened to him. You did him one better, that's for sure.

Best
Dan H.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:Well, I also took umbrage with a new poster insulting me and I was canned for a week!
Yeah, Steve, trump that.

Best
Dan H.

Terry
Neither, actually. I just thought it was funny with Steve grumbling about what _almost_ happened to him. You did him one better, that's for sure.

Best
Dan H.
hi Dan

i gotta hand it to you
your Avatars are without question ..Par Excellence

that BTW is a reference to a chess computer..i post this in an effort to keep this thread OT so the Mods will leave it in peace and allow me to gaze at your Avatar until the cows come home

Mooooo Regards
Steve
Terry McCracken

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Yeah, Steve, trump that.

Best
Dan H.

Terry

Best
Dan H.
Yes, I guess I did :? Well it's certainly not something one would want to do one-upmanship for :shock:

Terry
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Steve B wrote:hi Dan

i gotta hand it to you

that BTW is a reference to a chess computer..i post this in an effort to keep this thread OT so the Mods will leave it in peace and allow me to gaze at your Avatar until the cows come home

Mooooo Regards
Steve
Thanks, Steve. There could be another avatar battle with Jack Lad looming in CTF. I may need your support. Fernando is on board, right now we are just making preparations and considering possible tactics (*). I did make the change from a rear view to a waist up front view to keep my heavy artillery out of sight of prying enemy eyes.

Best
Dan H.

(*) tactical considerations employ a standard depth-first tree search with alpha beta pruning, ergo this post is also "on topic."
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dan Honeycutt wrote:
Steve B wrote:hi Dan

i gotta hand it to you

Mooooo Regards
Steve
Thanks, Steve. There could be another avatar battle with Jack Lad looming in CTF. I may need your support. Fernando is on board, right now we are just making preparations and considering possible tactics (*). I did make the change from a rear view to a waist up front view to keep my heavy artillery out of sight of prying enemy eyes.

Best
Dan H.

(*) tactical considerations employ a standard depth-first tree search with alpha beta pruning, ergo this post is also "on topic."
you can count on my support Dan
my wife's support i am a bit more skeptical off though

you might consider changing your Avatar's on a weekly basis, providing new ones along the same vein as now

i would even consider subscribing to your posts at a reasonable monthly fee

Best
Steve
Dan Honeycutt

Post by Dan Honeycutt »

Steve B wrote:you can count on my support Dan
my wife's support i am a bit more skeptical off though

you might consider changing your Avatar's on a weekly basis, providing new ones along the same vein as now

i would even consider subscribing to your posts at a reasonable monthly fee

Best
Steve
Hi Steve

Many thanks for your support. It looks like we may avoid the death and destruction of outright war. Fernando and I have found, really stumbled upon by accident, a marvelous strategy. Jack is parading one spectacular ass after another out, claiming each to be superior to JLo. Fernando and I just go hmmm or maybe offer some encouragement like "she runs a close second" but never conceding that that one is the best. This could go on for a long time and, the best part, everybody wins.

As to your subscription offer, if it were only me I would take you up in a heartbeat. However, there is another member (whose name I don't reveal as he is honorable and decent rather than unscrupulous and lecherous like me) who hosts these avatars for me. While my scruples are few, I couldn't stoop quite so low as to profit from the work of another. So, much as I'd like to weasel a buck out of you, the avatars are yours to view for free.

Best
Dan H.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

hi Dan

i didnt realize you had a "silent partner" regarding the Avatars
it seems then that there is more here then meets the eye and what meets the eye here cries out for more

as an aside..it brings me no joy to point out the painful yet obvious fact that this thread has now topped over the 1100 view mark
as much as i would like to believe that my dedicated chess computer posts are finally receiving the readership they so rightly deserve i am forced to admit that for me to achieve this high rate alone i would have to GIVE away chess computers for free and even then i would not crack 200-250 views
..it just goes to show you that old expensive and rare chess computers are simply no match for a good piece of

Arse Regards
Steve