Chess.com app.

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Chess.com app.

Post by S.Taylor »

I find the chess app of chess.com a very strong engine vs human, and at 25 levels on instant, it gets very tricky at the higher levels.
SF might be a little stronger, but chess.com is enough too.
I have won every level at least once, from 1-17. But from 18-25, i think i will need to sit down and take each game very seriously in order to have any chances to see if i can win any more.
1-17 were casual, though not at equal times at all.
I must say, level 18 is already very smart!
Yes, i DO go in for tactics without fear. But i know this is a wreckless strategy.
supersharp77

Re: Chess.com app.

Post by supersharp77 »

S.Taylor wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:50 am I find the chess app of chess.com a very strong engine vs human, and at 25 levels on instant, it gets very tricky at the higher levels.
I have won every level at least once, from 1-17. But from 18-25, i think i will need to sit down and take each game very seriously in order to have any chances to see if i can win any more.
Yes, i DO go in for tactics without fear. But i know this is a wreckless strategy.
Word on the street is that that particular engine is Komodo...what version it was I don't remember...someone was discussing it in the general forum a few month ago and they were making the same claims... :) :wink:
S.Taylor

Re: Chess.com app.

Post by S.Taylor »

supersharp77 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:37 am
S.Taylor wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:50 am I find the chess app of chess.com a very strong engine vs human, and at 25 levels on instant, it gets very tricky at the higher levels.
Word on the street is that that particular engine is Komodo...what version it was I don't remember...someone was discussing it in the general forum a few month ago and they were making the same claims... :) :wink:
It makes sense to me, that it could be, komodo.
It is fantastic and very positional blended in great tactics, even at an instant timing.