Hyper bullet chess

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Hyper bullet chess

Post by Henk »

Looks like I'm bad at hyper bullet chess. Last time I wasn't even able to finish a KQk endgame with say 5 seconds left on the clock.
Might be I have a slow internet connection. Or maybe it needs lots of practice.

Same holds for bullet chess.
Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Re: Hyper bullet chess

Post by Look »

I prefer increment in blitz games. Like 3min+2sec
Farewell.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Before playing bullet, you have to cry and you have to go to piss.
You lose with three more pieces, you choke on the contrary, something always happens.
Premove, training and admit that you will lose even if you are winning, other times it will be the other way around.
duncan

Post by duncan »

Apologies for being off topic, but I read Victor stated sometime ago that an 8 man Lomonosov was in the works and that you were in contact with him back in 2016.

Do you know if they have any plans to start creating these tables in the near future. ?
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

duncan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:43 am Apologies for being off topic, but I read Victor stated sometime ago that an 8 man Lomonosov was in the works and that you were in contact with him back in 2016.

Do you know if they have any plans to start creating these tables in the near future. ?
Off topic and wrong forum - ;>) - but that's ok with me. The estimate to create 8 piece Lomonosov was that one will need about 10 PB (10000 TB) of disk space and 50 TB of RAM. In other words, it's not happening anytime soon, ;>)
duncan

Post by duncan »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:23 am
duncan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:43 am Apologies for being off topic, but I read Victor stated sometime ago that an 8 man Lomonosov was in the works and that you were in contact with him back in 2016.

Off topic and wrong forum - ;>) - but that's ok with me. The estimate to create 8 piece Lomonosov was that one will need about 10 PB (10000 TB) of disk space and 50 TB of RAM. In other words, it's not happening anytime soon, ;>)
I was trying to address velmarin, but thanks for the info.

lomonsov 2 has 94 TB of RAM

https://www.top500.org/system/178444
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Henk wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 am Looks like I'm bad at hyper bullet chess. Last time I wasn't even able to finish a KQk endgame with say 5 seconds left on the clock.
Might be I have a slow internet connection. Or maybe it needs lots of practice.

Same holds for bullet chess.
Do you have fun with it? If you don't, and are just frustrated by being bad at it, there's no point in playing it, and it's best to just stick to what is the most fun to you.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.