Search found 2410 matches

by Rebel
Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:07 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?
Replies: 41
Views: 7457

Re: Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?

Sean Evans wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:It does seem the evidence is mounting!
No, it does not. Not one single byte.
Schroder, you seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth...same as at rgcc.

Cordially,

Sean
Sean, my old rgcc trolling friend, is it really you ?

Cherry cordial regards.
by Rebel
Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?
Replies: 41
Views: 7457

Re: Whether Crafty is a Derivative Program?

Sean Evans wrote:It does seem the evidence is mounting!
No, it does not. Not one single byte.
by Rebel
Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Mr. Dailey did you take advantage of Ippolit and Stockfish?
Replies: 51
Views: 9580

Re: Mr. Dailey did you take advantage of Ippolit and Stockfi

No one just shows up with the #1 rated program in the World without being established in some form to the Computer Chess Community as a whole. It just doesn't happen. Peter You're wrong on this point, Peter. Remember Fabien (Fruit's author)? He was entirely unknown to the chess programming communit...
by Rebel
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

I don't feel that I'm a victim of anything here. Your argument should be with the ICGA not talkchess forum members who had nothing to do with the decision. Please realize the topic has been derailed at the moment. It started with the CSVN faults where I used some pot-kettle arguments in return. If ...
by Rebel
Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

The main criticism on [a] is that the ICGA gave Rybka's direct competitors a vote of whom many had an interest in a guilty verdict. Ed, This is something I want to challenge. We have heard this over and over again and I find it incredibly offensive. It's used as the primary explanation for why Rybk...
by Rebel
Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

Hi Ed, I don't think that we need a new organisation. ICGA is fine, most of the members are programmers or have been programmers of game playing entitities. So why found a new organisation when we have already one. That doesn't help at all. If we quit with rule #2 this is the end of competition. Fo...
by Rebel
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:17 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

I like radical ideas, or at least the discussion thereof, because they help us look ahead. I completely agree with you we face a new reality and that it is wise to reconsider what we want with these tournaments. To me that is the only discussion worthwhile at this moment. Marcel, 100% agree. All of...
by Rebel
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

georgerifkin wrote:
Rebel wrote:
georgerifkin wrote:mr schroeder will there ever be a new version of pro deo? or perhaps rebel?
Sorry to disappoint you, I don't see it happen.
ok, let me say it's a pity though :)
thanks for pro deo mr schroeder, it's one of my favourite programs!
Thank you George.
by Rebel
Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:20 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

I think that an organizer must know what he wants and what not. Otherwise you shouldn't organize. Your criticism is well taken. But never denied by the CSVN. The ICGA has indeed written down the means on how to establish what is original and not in their rule 2: through 'expert advice' . The CSVN d...
by Rebel
Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:30 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how far is too far: houdini for sell?
Replies: 246
Views: 38670

Re: how far is too far: houdini for sell?

I simply state facts. You are EXACTLY in the same boat as the few remaining Rybka fans. Sorry that you don't like FACTS, but fact is, houdini is based on Robolito. Ton of evidence to support that, more coming each day. Learn to live with it, because it is NOT going away... You are fighting a phanto...