Search found 1392 matches
- Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:26 am
- Forum: Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions
- Topic: Visual C++ 2008 - good compiler/ linker settings for speed?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 3803
I can testify to that. I got roughly 12% increase in speed (both when doing perft as well as normal search) by using PGO. In Visual Studio that is done as simply as clicking 3 buttons and waiting your program to run for some time so it gets some performance data. I was quite impressed. You are a lu...
- Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:53 am
- Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
- Topic: Another Impossible Endgame For Engines
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2132
Here is another position that my 64-bit mp engines with 5-man tablebases claim is a White victory, yet I think it's surely a draw. Who is claiming a White victory? If the engine at very large search depth doesn't manage to improve its initial evaluation (probably between +1 and +1.5), it is in fact...