Search found 6062 matches

by zullil
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:37 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

If WDL shows 200 500 300, for example, then the interpretation is that the side-to move has a 20% chance of winning and a 30% chance of losing. That predicts that 50% of the games will be drawn. The rest are decided games. How accurate is that? Where's the data that shows when 200 500 300 is shown,...
by zullil
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: A community project CCMT
Replies: 8
Views: 229

Re: A community project CCMT

I have been working on a test set recently, but today I thought to myself, "There are a lot of smart people on CCC who could help make this into a really great test set." Here is the current list: 8/pP6/kpP3p1/brpPb1p1/1pP1PbP1/1P6/K5P1/8 w - - bm Kb1; 7n/3P4/n2K2kp/2p4N/Bb6/2p1p1P1/8/8 w - - bm Nf...
by zullil
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:19 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

Here's a fun edge case: 4k3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 1 About an 11% chance that White wins this, according to Stockfish. :wink: Though it drops to about 4% if we're at move 120 of the game. :wink: :wink: I've always been against WDL, saying why it's either inaccurate or misleading for most scenarios...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

Here's a fun edge case: 4k3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 1 About an 11% chance that White wins this, according to Stockfish. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The formula seems not very accurate yet :twisted: Lc0 knows better: info depth 1 seldepth 2 time 2784 nodes 261 score cp 0 wdl 0 1000 0 nps 52200 tb...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

As many of know, NN engines have been reporting WDL data with Scoring Percentage for some time. A while back, I took their formula to convert to a centipawn and applied it the centipawn evaluation to come u It is worth noting that Stockfish's WDL is a function of both the evaluation and the current...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

As many of know, NN engines have been reporting WDL data with Scoring Percentage for some time. A while back, I took their formula to convert to a centipawn and applied it the centipawn evaluation to come u It is worth noting that Stockfish's WDL is a function of both the evaluation and the current...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:51 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

As many of know, NN engines have been reporting WDL data with Scoring Percentage for some time. A while back, I took their formula to convert to a centipawn and applied it the centipawn evaluation to come u It is worth noting that Stockfish's WDL is a function of both the evaluation and the current...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:08 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

It also fails to assign that to the initial position, right? Right: info depth 46 seldepth 63 multipv 1 score cp 52 wdl 197 749 54 nodes 6395029891 nps 1637910 hashfull 1000 tbhits 0 time 3904382 pv c2c4 e7e6 b1c3 d7d5 d2d4 g8f6 c4d5 e6d5 c1g5 f8e7 e2e3 e8g8 g1f3 c7c6 f1d3 f8e8 e1g1 h7h6 g5f4 c8e6 ...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

As many of know, NN engines have been reporting WDL data with Scoring Percentage for some time. A while back, I took their formula to convert to a centipawn and applied it the centipawn evaluation to come u It is worth noting that Stockfish's WDL is a function of both the evaluation and the current...
by zullil
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WDL
Replies: 19
Views: 678

Re: WDL

I have not looked at the patch - does it account for the difference between score cp 0 in a table base, which should have associated wdl of wdl 0 1000 0 and score cp 0 in a middlegame position, which is entirely different. (What about when the PV of position not in the tablebase results in a tableb...