Chess Programming Wiki

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ilhooq

Re: Chess Programming Wiki

Post by ilhooq »

Gerd Isenberg wrote: Current plans are to convert it to MediaWiki - despite bugs and problems by wikispaces to convert its native wikitext to other formats, we managed to get a ~140 MB MediaWiki.zip, but so far no way to preserve the complete history for CC BY-SA conformance.
Since many years, the CPW is for me a treasure of knowledges and I decided to write a script to properly import pages, users, files and history from WikiSpaces to MediaWiki.

The script uses Wikispaces SOAP API to import pages content and history and WebDAV to import files.

The script can be downloaded here :

https://gist.github.com/ilhooq/65c1e249 ... e8647f2691

I hope it will be useful for your migration.
ilhooq

Post by ilhooq »

DustyMonkey wrote:Anyone know of an easy method to download an entire wiki for preservation?
I made an offline version of the wiki (~160MB) using Wikispaces SOAP API to get pages content and WebDAV to import files and then PHP to build pages layout.
Once extracted, you'll find a scripts folder containing tools to maintain up to date pages and files until the Wikispaces closure.
cdani

Post by cdani »

Thanks!!
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

ilhooq wrote:
DustyMonkey wrote:Anyone know of an easy method to download an entire wiki for preservation?
I made an offline version of the wiki (~160MB) using Wikispaces SOAP API to get pages content and WebDAV to import files and then PHP to build pages layout.
Once extracted, you'll find a scripts folder containing tools to maintain up to date pages and files until the Wikispaces closure.
Is all the complete website?! :shock:

I downloaded it. Seems for me the same as navigate the original web.

Please explain how to use those .php scripts

Thanks!!
stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Post by stegemma »

ilhooq wrote:
This contents could be freely made available on a web-site of mine or there are license restrictions?
Author of Drago, Raffaela, Freccia, Satana, Sabrina.
http://www.linformatica.com
ilhooq

Post by ilhooq »

Luis Babboni wrote: Please explain how to use those .php scripts
If you are on Windows follow these steps :

1. Download PHP 7, then extract it in C:\php
2. Open a command line terminal (cmd) and change directory to the scripts directory where you extracted the wiki. ex :

Code: Select all

cd Downloads\chessprogramming-wiki\scripts
3.Define two environment vars in the cmd line:

set USERNAME=yourWikispacesUsername
set PASSWORD=yourWikispacesPassword
4. To execute getPages.php :

C:\php\php.exe -d extension_soap getPages.php
5. To execute getFiles.php :

C:\php\php.exe -d extension_curl getFiles.php
On linux, install php, php-curl and php-soap on your distribution and open a terminal in the "scripts" directory.

To execute getPages.php :

USERNAME=yourWikispacesUsername PASSWORD=yourWikispacesPassword php getPages.php
To execute getFiles.php :

USERNAME=yourWikispacesUsername PASSWORD=yourWikispacesPassword php getFiles.php
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Thanks Sylvain!! :)
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

CPW is under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0).

The new wikimedia cpw makes good progress and will be available in about July with revisited and new content and links. No need to waste bandwidth or memory.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

ilhooq wrote:
That is very cool. We can use that to speedup the transfer to a new site.
ilhooq

Post by ilhooq »

mjlef wrote:
ilhooq wrote:
That is very cool. We can use that to speedup the transfer to a new site.
To transfer the CPW to MediaWiki, you should use this script. It converts WikiSpaces Syntax, imports pages, files, users and history into MediaWiki.