Start Your Engines

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Scally
Full name: Alan Cooper

Re: Start Your Engines

Post by Scally »

Rebel wrote:Correct, it was not mate in x but mate in y where y=x-(sqrt(49)-log(10000))
3 moves earlier?

Al.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Scally wrote:
Rebel wrote:Correct, it was not mate in x but mate in y where y=x-(sqrt(49)-log(10000))
3 moves earlier?

Al.
Nope, Ed uses base e. :twisted:
zullil

Post by zullil »

Rebel wrote:
zullil wrote:
Rebel wrote:Four entries so far and 3 got 2 points providing the correct mainline for position-4. I made that visible by adding an extra column called Bonus.

Nobody so far got position-2 right, contributed numbers fluctuate with an interval of 18! :lol: We will see next week.
Are you certain you know what the correct number is? :wink:
Not entirely, but I had the previous right :wink:
Based on the score you have for "OnlyWeek4Pos2" at your site, my faith in your knowing the right answer has diminished. :wink:

How will you prove that your answer is correct? Mine is based on several days of forward and backward analysis with Cfish, reaching depth 102.

Do we agree that we are asking for moves by Black that extend the game as long as possible---even if they destroy the theme of the original study?
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

after not too much efforts (some hours) i can give this as the best i was able to find:
[d]rk1b4/p2p2p1/1P6/2R2P2/8/2K5/8/5B2 w - - 0 1
1. Rc8+ Kb7 2. Bg2+ Kxb6 3. Rxa8 Bf6+ 4. Kc4 a5 5. Bf1 Kc6 6. Ra6+ Kc7 7. Rxf6 gxf6 8. Kd5 a4 9. Be2 a3 10. Bc4 Kd8 11. Kd6 Ke8 12. Bd5 Kd8 13. Bf7 a2 14. Bxa2 Ke8 15. Bb3 Kd8 16. Ba4 Ke8 17. Bxd7+ Kf7 18. Ba4 Kf8 19. Ke6 Kg7 20. Ke7 Kh8 21. Kxf6 Kh7 22. Ke6 Kh6 23. f6 Kg5 24. f7 Kf4 25. f8=Q+ Kg3 26. Bc6 Kg4 27. Qf3+ Kg5 28. Qg3+ Kh6 29. Kf6 Kh7 30. Qg7#

at least the first 9 black moves are only moves as far as i can tell
has someone found a quicker win ?

regards :-)
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
zullil

Post by zullil »

The contest is still open. Please delete if possible.
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

Spliffjiffer wrote: has someone found a quicker win ?

regards :-)
Yes, me
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

damn...im very sorry...i thought its monday and the week is over :-(...im very, very sry and hope my analysis in incorrect...sry my friends !! :-((
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

zullil wrote:
Rebel wrote:
zullil wrote:
Rebel wrote:Four entries so far and 3 got 2 points providing the correct mainline for position-4. I made that visible by adding an extra column called Bonus.

Nobody so far got position-2 right, contributed numbers fluctuate with an interval of 18! :lol: We will see next week.
Based on the score you have for "OnlyWeek4Pos2" at your site, my faith in your knowing the right answer has diminished. :wink:

How will you prove that your answer is correct? Mine is based on several days of forward and backward analysis with Cfish, reaching depth 102.

Do we agree that we are asking for moves by Black that extend the game as long as possible---even if they destroy the theme of the original study?
Don't give up hope yet, the number I had in mind is wrong :wink: and we need to mutually agree on the right number next thursday and then adapt the ranking.
zullil

Post by zullil »

Rebel wrote: Don't give up hope yet, the number I had in mind is wrong :wink: and we need to mutually agree on the right number next thursday and then adapt the ranking.
Just ask Dann. I trust him. :D
zullil

Post by zullil »

Rebel wrote:
zullil wrote:
Rebel wrote:
zullil wrote:

Don't give up hope yet, the number I had in mind is wrong :wink: and we need to mutually agree on the right number next thursday and then adapt the ranking.
Actually, I think my answer was wrong too. Off by 1 it seems, after additional investigation. :cry: