recent article on alphazero ... 12/11/2017 ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Milos

Re: recent article on alphazero ... 12/11/2017 ...

Post by Milos »

hgm wrote:
Milos wrote:Sometimes I wonder, are you really that naive, or you just think that other ppl are nothing but idiots assuming that they would believe your "arguments"???
More likely those that so desperately keep denying them. :wink:
Of all the points you address the rhetorical question with totally senseless comment that you think is funny? :shock:
Ppl probably tell you all the time that you are a funny guy so you seems to understand it literally. Well, let me tell you the obvious. They are being sarcastic.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

But I don't consider myself funny at all... You are the one that provides all the things worth laughing about.
Milos

Post by Milos »

hgm wrote:But I don't consider myself funny at all... You are the one that provides all the things worth laughing about.
ASD ppl are usually the ones that laugh on things that are not funny at all to others...
Pio

Post by Pio »

I find Muller very funny.

By the way Physicists usually do not make assumptions, they make educated guesses :idea:
Milos

Post by Milos »

Pio wrote:I find Muller very funny.
You mean being exactly the live replica of professor Smith from the PhD comic? :lol:
That I'd had to agree.
Pio

Post by Pio »

You do not understand how smart he is. I am a physicist and understand how smart he is :P
Milos

Post by Milos »

Pio wrote:You do not understand how smart he is. I am a physicist and understand how smart he is :P
You mean he's like Sheldon Cooper? :P
That also I believe you. Sheldon Cooper that physically looks like professor Smith. A killer combination indeed. :lol:
Milos

Post by Milos »

hgm wrote:The claim that TCEC is ot really an 'engine competition', becasue the engies cannot use the books that are an integral part of them, is also new from you. :lol:
Seems you don't even know TCEC competition rules.
Here is a manual for you.
Go to the page http://tcec.chessdom.com/live.php
On top bar press the middle button called "Rules". Scroll down to "Opening Books" section. Read and try to comprehend. Look for term "chess starting position", report the finding.
You are welcome ;).
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

You mean this?
TCEC rules wrote:Own Opening Book
All opening books shipped with the engines are removed and/or disabled and any engine found to be using hidden, internal opening books will be disqualified and replaced with another engine chosen by the Tournament Director.
Milos

Post by Milos »

hgm wrote:You mean this?
TCEC rules wrote:Own Opening Book
All opening books shipped with the engines are removed and/or disabled and any engine found to be using hidden, internal opening books will be disqualified and replaced with another engine chosen by the Tournament Director.
As usual unrelated.
Every tournament uses opening books either with predefined positions or with random choice out of large book.
No-books tournaments of any significance simply don't exist.