The Secret of Chess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Re: First Review

Post by Henk »

I will wait until Kasparov writes a review.
S.Taylor

Re: The Secret of Chess

Post by S.Taylor »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: So, my only alternative to trying to sell a few copies would be to go taxi-driving. (In Bulgaria, most educated people drive taxis)

PS. If anyone buys, please advise if things work, I am doing this for the first time.
I was quite recently stranded in Holland, and we took a taxi and it was extraordinarily expensive by the meter.

I would highly recommend it there, as a job (not so much as a passenger).
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Henk wrote:I will wait until Kasparov writes a review.
:D
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Re: The Secret of Chess

S.Taylor wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: So, my only alternative to trying to sell a few copies would be to go taxi-driving. (In Bulgaria, most educated people drive taxis)

PS. If anyone buys, please advise if things work, I am doing this for the first time.
I was quite recently stranded in Holland, and we took a taxi and it was extraordinarily expensive by the meter.

I would highly recommend it there, as a job (not so much as a passenger).
I guess the offer concerns Henk, as he lives in Holland.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Best sellers

Look at number 5: https://www.amazon.com/Chess-Board-Game ... &node=4406

Chessbase reprinted David Smerdon's review, and some people have hurried to buy the book, true, for each ebook purchase, I am getting just a bit more than 2 dollars.

Chess Base: https://en.chessbase.com/post/the-secret-of-chess
Henk

Re: Best sellers

Post by Henk »

So next problem is how to fill in your tax form correctly ? Or how many copies makes a best seller.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Maybe also publish a youtube video about your book. And make sure it gets enough views.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Henk wrote:So next problem is how to fill in your tax form correctly ? Or how many copies makes a best seller.
Correct, this will last 1 or 2 days at most, until the article is fresh.
But still I will remember that Day: I reaches number 1 in chess books in the Kindle store, and around 10 000 overall(60 000 in all books).

Some 50 000 places still to the cherished goal. :D
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Henk wrote:Maybe also publish a youtube video about your book. And make sure it gets enough views.
If someone could do that for me, I would be happy, but I am not very good with videos.

It would also be great to post on Facebook, but Facebook has shut me out until I provide a valid photo. I uploaded at least 10, and it still says: 'Invalid upload'.
Some knowledgeable people suggest I should be uploading a jpg file instead of a JPG one, so I am just considering to try that out by converting JPG to jpg. :shock:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Here another one, very short: https://www.welshccf.org.uk/article/325
by Russell Sherwood of the Welsh Corresponcence Chess Federation(thanks Russell).

It is for the first time someone puts me on the Fringe, I am very happy.
'The Secret of Chess' convincingly beats ARB and Berliner, on equal terms with Shashin.