SPCC: Testrun of Houdini 6 finished

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

SPCC: Testrun of Houdini 6 finished

Post by pohl4711 »

Testrun of Houdini 6 is finished.

Long thinking-time tournament updated.

http://www.sp-cc.de

(Perhaps you have to clear your browsercache or reload the website)
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: SPCC: Testrun of Houdini 6 finished

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Houdini above even asmFish in your tests! Interesting it is indeed!

P.S.: Why not add Houdini, Komodo and the others in the diagram as well, with some different colors? There will not be confusion I think because these programs have much fewer updates. And if you want to show off the Brainfish high above the rest, the more programs the better. Not very interested myself in testing with the book included, but that is your choice.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
pohl4711

Post by pohl4711 »

Eelco de Groot wrote:Houdini above even asmFish in your tests! Interesting it is indeed!

P.S.: Why not add Houdini, Komodo and the others in the diagram as well, with some different colors? There will not be confusion I think because these programs have much fewer updates. And if you want to show off the Brainfish high above the rest, the more programs the better. Not very interested myself in testing with the book included, but that is your choice.
Because, I am doing testruns of Stockfish, asmFish and BrainFish. All other engines are only rated, because they are opponents for these fishes-testruns. I am not doing an engine rating-list.

Stefan (SPCC)
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Stefan please note, that LittleBlitzerGUI is buggy. It starts always game at move 1. even if PGN has 20 move opening :!: .
Jouni
pohl4711

Post by pohl4711 »

Jouni wrote:Stefan please note, that LittleBlitzerGUI is buggy. It starts always game at move 1. even if PGN has 20 move opening :!: .
I know. I play with basetime+inkrement. Not with x move in y time. So, that is no problem. The much worse bug is, that in a opening-line pgn, after an enpassant move, the captured pawn is not deleted. So, it is recommended to use epd-positions as openings. Or make sure, that a pgn-opening does not contain enpassant-moves (the HERT set does not contain any enpassant).
BUT the LittleBlitzerGUI is very easy to use (much easier than cutechess-cli) and it is incredible stable. I use it since many years and played millions of games and not a single crash on different machines!!!
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

asmBrainFish 170825 looks great. I never heard of it before.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.