MYG

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cdani

Re: MYG

Post by cdani »

cdani wrote:The new Andscacs? :-)
Was a joke!! :-)
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

JJJ wrote:As the most convinced here I deserve a free copy as soon as it is confirmed.
The slope almost disappeared after some 2680/3520 games:

Looks Houdinish. Also, I am making a bold prediction, without having actual partial results in PGN: the final Ordo rating will show X engine ahead of the current leader Komodo 11.2.2 by 20 to 32 ELO points with 95% confidence.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

My bet is on a new Hiarcs. It was said to be released this autumn.
Eran
:shock:
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Laskos wrote:
JJJ wrote:As the most convinced here I deserve a free copy as soon as it is confirmed.

Looks Houdinish. Also, I am making a bold prediction, without having actual partial results in PGN: the final Ordo rating will show X engine ahead of the current leader Komodo 11.2.2 by 20 to 32 ELO points with 95% confidence.
Yes, it was vanishing game after game. This engine is really close to Stockfish dev. 20 games to go , 20 game to know :)
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Seems the page is not refreshed anymore stuck to 3497 out of 3520 games played.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

wolfman wrote:My bet is on a new Hiarcs. It was said to be released this autumn.
Eran
:shock:
Would be a huge jump for it, but with Stockfish code there to be studied by all as a learning resource it is a possibility.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

JJJ wrote:He wouldn't test a Stockfish clone. This program is less good than Stockfish dev against Stockfish 8 but stronger against others program. Sounds very Houdini to me. Also the overall elo would be more than Stockfish dev , and nobody is able to make a clone really stronger than Stockfish.
stronger in terms of error bars.

add/subtract 15 elo, and it is the same as latest SF dev.

you can also add 10 elo by just altering couple of parameters/adding a bit of new knowledge.

anyone who would want to convince me they have a brand new engine that is top, should add at least 50 elo over SF, preferably 100.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Laskos wrote:

which perfectly matches current SF dev level.

this is completely stupid, I hate to discuss an engine that is the very same level as current top.

give me an engine 50/100 elo stronger than SF dev, then I will believe.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Now all game are done. So who was it ?
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:give me an engine 50/100 elo stronger than SF dev, then I will believe.
Fair enough.
Difficult, but that would be really something and could be done by some new Talent with fresh ideas, not the same old tired Programmers......
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis