MYG

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: MYG

Post by Paloma »

Your money is gone then. :wink:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Guenther wrote:
Jouni wrote:Houdini 4 was also tested by Ingo :wink: . No other possibility as clones are not tested.See

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50304
Only if he knew before it was an SF derivate in a closed source program.
that is how our world operates.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

IWB wrote:I made a comment at 50% and don't want do more before it is finished, but what if you are wrong in some or many of your conclusions :-)
if I am wrong in one of them, then I am wrong in all.

should be a SF clone(dev SF qualifying for the same), if it is not Houdini.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

He wouldn't test a Stockfish clone. This program is less good than Stockfish dev against Stockfish 8 but stronger against others program. Sounds very Houdini to me. Also the overall elo would be more than Stockfish dev , and nobody is able to make a clone really stronger than Stockfish.
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

JJJ wrote:He wouldn't test a Stockfish clone. This program is less good than Stockfish dev against Stockfish 8 but stronger against others program. Sounds very Houdini to me. Also the overall elo would be more than Stockfish dev , and nobody is able to make a clone really stronger than Stockfish.
Yes, judging by performance against top 3, sounds Houdini. Based on performance against weaker engine, sounds Stockfish or Shredder, but Stockfish is unlikely for other reasons.

To the shown at the end of the list overall rating, add 20. If I am not wrong, that would be Ordo rating result.
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Laskos wrote:
JJJ wrote:He wouldn't test a Stockfish clone. This program is less good than Stockfish dev against Stockfish 8 but stronger against others program. Sounds very Houdini to me. Also the overall elo would be more than Stockfish dev , and nobody is able to make a clone really stronger than Stockfish.
Yes, judging by performance against top 3, sounds Houdini. Based on performance against weaker engine, sounds Stockfish or Shredder, but Stockfish is unlikely for other reasons.

To the shown at the end of the list overall rating, add 20. If I am not wrong, that would be Ordo rating result.
After some 2250/3520 games, I can predict that the final Ordo rating of X will be 15 to 35 ELO points above current leader Komodo 11.2.2, with 95% confidence.
The slope slightly dampened. Very hard to say whether X is Houdini or Shredder.

JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Make a bet Kai.
I m still betting on Houdini. Performance of this engine is the highest against it like if it was self tested :twisted:
Laskos

Post by Laskos »

JJJ wrote:Make a bet Kai.
I m still betting on Houdini. Performance of this engine is the highest against it like if it was self tested :twisted:
I would give 2 to 1 for Houdini, i.e. 66.6% Houdini, 33.3% Shredder. I would bet only 2 to 1 on Shredder, or if I win with Shredder, I receive twice as much than if you win with Houdini. The slope now is very mild, and against top 3 the performances are Houdinish. And as you remarked, against Houdini 5 it performs the best.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Okey. That is very reasonable. Now I want Lyudmil to bet before it's too late. He will with his instinct.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

As the most convinced here I deserve a free copy as soon as it is confirmed.