Why McBrain?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Why McBrain?

Post by Damir »

Hi Mike

It seems Mcbrain is not displaying tbs.
Please take a look at this game, where it displays +1.47 advantage in its favour. The game is draw by repetition.

McBrain strange evals: https://www.solidfiles.com/v/md3ZaLLRzwd2K
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

giovanni wrote: Thanks Rodolfo. Sounds interesting. Could you detail a little more what you are doing with this project?
The same procedure as the example I posted few time ago. It usually takes no more than few minutes when there's nothing special to analyze. Why don't you join LSS server? You could try it yourself.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Post by acase »

MikeB wrote:
Just a general comment not directed at anybody -Why are People are so sensitive around here? You post something the you thought would be not offensive to anybody - yet somebody gets offended by it. Or you post something that is not 100% correct but for simplicity you used plainer language and people have the need to point it out but it really does not change the point one was making. Way too much drama for me for something that is supposed to be a hobby.

Very well stated, and I agree 100%. I think it may have something to do with egos around here.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

acase wrote:
MikeB wrote:
Just a general comment not directed at anybody -Why are People are so sensitive around here? You post something the you thought would be not offensive to anybody - yet somebody gets offended by it. Or you post something that is not 100% correct but for simplicity you used plainer language and people have the need to point it out but it really does not change the point one was making. Way too much drama for me for something that is supposed to be a hobby.

Very well stated, and I agree 100%. I think it may have something to do with egos around here.
And it happens, the more one give the more people want. Until one get tired to give.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:
acase wrote:
MikeB wrote:

And it happens, the more one give the more people want. Until one get tired to give.
That is perfectly understandable for programmers who freely and kindly share their work with us. It is more troubling when commercial efforts are not interested in what the end user wants or needs.

Just a general statement.