TCEC Season 10 announced

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: TCEC Season 10 announced

Post by Paloma »

404 Error!
stavros

Post by stavros »

JJJ wrote:
Houdini wrote:
Thomas Lagershausen wrote:Last TCEC was very interesting because of the participation of the new Houdini.

I hope we will see again a new Houdini in the tournament.
Thank you for your support.
Houdini 6 will be released next month, maybe just in time for the TCEC tournament (I don't know when TCEC Season 10 starts, I have no more information than you).

Cheers,
Robert
OMG, thats is very very great news ! Knowing you, I m sure we can bet on a good elo jump ! Komodo might be in bad shape here !
simple logic: never houdart would participate in TCEC if the elo wasnt enough to challenge
komodo and stockfish,so i expect 50 and up elo jump
dont expect something like on 20-25 elo only.just trust stockfish open source :)
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

Here it is!

http://www.chessdom.com/tcec-2017-seaso ... d-details/

The new edition of TCEC is scheduled to take place in the last quarter of 2017. Once again the main goal of the championship will be to provide equal and fair conditions for the top chess engines to face each other and compete on a superb hardware.

For this goal to be completed, the TCEC staff has listened to the audience desires and feedback during S9 and will try to provide several upgrades for S10. A few conditions and variables are still unclear, but we will keep you updated about the proceedings of the season.

Schedule

The TCEC 2017 will start in late September or the beginning of October. The team needs 30 to 45 days more of preparation and clearing out the details
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

jpqy wrote:Here it is!

http://www.chessdom.com/tcec-2017-seaso ... d-details/

The new edition of TCEC is scheduled to take place in the last quarter of 2017. Once again the main goal of the championship will be to provide equal and fair conditions for the top chess engines to face each other and compete on a superb hardware.

For this goal to be completed, the TCEC staff has listened to the audience desires and feedback during S9 and will try to provide several upgrades for S10. A few conditions and variables are still unclear, but we will keep you updated about the proceedings of the season.

Schedule

The TCEC 2017 will start in late September or the beginning of October. The team needs 30 to 45 days more of preparation and clearing out the details
once they fix their super-tiny fonts, we will even be able to read what is on the page.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Time control 30 minutes more than enough for these games. Unless they want more viewers getting bored.
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

Henk wrote:Time control 30 minutes more than enough for these games. Unless they want more viewers getting bored.
Yeah. The time controls for the last TCEC were definently too long. Most of us really enjoyed the blitz part of TCEC while I didnt`t watch many games at ltc
bnemias

Post by bnemias »

Henk wrote:Time control 30 minutes more than enough for these games. Unless they want more viewers getting bored.
Different strokes for different folks. I expected I would like the rapids more than the LTC games, but I didn't. I wasn't alone either.

My biggest complaint was related to chat. If it goes anything like S9, you can be sure I won't have it active.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

TCEC is prestigious. That's why time control is high, number of cores is high and we can see all the latest developments versions playing.

3 month for the whole TCEC is nice, no need to be too short or too long.
brtzsnr

Post by brtzsnr »

You can support to your favorite engine at https://www.facebook.com/tcec.chess/pos ... 4982131362
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

Three hours is probably overkill, but finals on 2 hours seems fine