On-line engine blitz tourney July

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

On-line engine blitz tourney July

Post by hgm »

The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for July will take place on:

Saturday July 22, 3pm Boston time (21:00 Amsterdam time)

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

(for UCI engines, add -fUCI)
zenpawn

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney July

Post by zenpawn »

I'm going to miss at least the start time this month. Could you please add RookieMonster, if it's still online? Thanks.
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

Isa will be here of course ! 😊
Isa download :
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

I plan to run texel on a cluster of five c4.8xlarge Amazon EC2 instances, for a total of 5*18=90 cores.
Daniel Anulliero

petero2 wrote:I plan to run texel on a cluster of five c4.8xlarge Amazon EC2 instances, for a total of 5*18=90 cores.
:shock:
Isa download :
Daniel Anulliero

Hg cold you add Isa in the tournament if it's online .May be I can't be "physicaly" here at time
Thanks !
Dany
Isa download :
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I will add any engines I will find on-line at the start of the tourney. I must ask people to make minimal demands on this service, however, as it will delay the start of the tourney a lot when I have to add 20 engines to the tourney with proper checks to prevent I forget anyone. So if at all possible, please be there to join your own engine.

There is a second issue as well:

It seems that the obligation for the engines to kibitz their moves is taken less and less serious. This is partly my fault, for being lenient in enforcing it. But I think kibitzing scores and PVs is a very important aspect that makes these engine tournaments fun to watch.

It seems there are mitigating circumstances for engines that run on a Raspberry Pie, which have to use ICSdrone to connect, for lack of GUI support on sch machines. But there is really no excuse for people that run on regular computers to not kibitz. Even the Raspberry Pies have been participating so long and in such large numbers that it should not have been too much of an effort to adapt the software used by them so they can kibitz. How hard can that be? Just 2 or 3 lines of extra code in ICSdrone?
Last edited by hgm on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

Due to being in Belgium at the moment, I might not be able to make it. However, if I can make it, the person I'm staying at has some very powerful hardware to use (a Kaby Lake i7 that is twice as fast as my Piledriver FX-6300).

Funnily enough, on that chip Dorpsgek (an incrementally updated attack table mailbox engine) is faster than WyldChess (a bitboard engine).
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

hgm wrote:It seems that the obligation for the engines to kibitz their moves is taken less and less serious. This is partly my fault, for being lenient in enforcing it. But I think kibitzing scores and PVs is a very important aspect that makes these engine tournaments fun to watch.

It seems there are mitigating circumstances for engines that run on a Raspberry Pie, which have to use ICSdrone to connect, for lack of GUI support on sch machines.
Even in that case it might be possible to run xboard/winboard on a regular desktop computer and connect to the Raspberry Pie using ssh, see this post.
tomitank

Post by tomitank »

Hi!

What could be the problem?

https://ibb.co/jCKMKk

i use this:

Code: Select all

cd C:\WinBoard-4.8.0\WinBoard\

winboard -zp -zippyGameEnd "say Thanks for the game." -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe D:\SAKK\tomitankChess\js\tomitankChess.js" -fd . -autoKibitz -fUCI -keepAlive 4 -firstXBook
I have polyglot.exe in this directory.

Thanks, Tamas!