EXTREMELY low interest in human chess in talkchess.com

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uncome04

Re: EXTREMELY low interest in human chess in talkchess.com

Post by Uncome04 »

mhull wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:There seems to be an extremely low interest rate in human chess, in the w hole of talkchess, ctf/ccc etc.
Not even the world championship of FIDE attracts much interest in these forums, and i now realize that my recent posts posts into the chess players forum have been up near the top for days and maybe weeks.

What is the point of Computer chess, for people who are not passionate about human chess first?

(By the way, anyone who would like to watch Gelfand live now (details in other adjoining thread about WC), would find it really fascinating! I'm now busy listening to every word, spellbound. Better than GM's on FIDE shuttle Paris and Chess24!]).
Everyone now has a better-than-world-champion inside their computer. Nobody is willing to put-up with fallible, petulant super-GMs anymore just to see top-level chess. They can do that looking at tournaments run in some guy's basement.
Yes, I agree with you
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Uncome04 wrote:
mhull wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:There seems to be an extremely low interest rate in human chess, in the w hole of talkchess, ctf/ccc etc.
Not even the world championship of FIDE attracts much interest in these forums, and i now realize that my recent posts posts into the chess players forum have been up near the top for days and maybe weeks.

What is the point of Computer chess, for people who are not passionate about human chess first?

(By the way, anyone who would like to watch Gelfand live now (details in other adjoining thread about WC), would find it really fascinating! I'm now busy listening to every word, spellbound. Better than GM's on FIDE shuttle Paris and Chess24!]).
Everyone now has a better-than-world-champion inside their computer. Nobody is willing to put-up with fallible, petulant super-GMs anymore just to see top-level chess. They can do that looking at tournaments run in some guy's basement.
Yes, I agree with you
There is no doubt that Carlsen (and some other humans) has chess knowledge that computers do not have, and could crush computers if he did not make any mistakes.
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

The Rybkamura-Stockfish match was not a sucess for the human cyborg side.

And SF is like +100 elo since that version.