2017 ACCA WCRCC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CRoberson

2017 ACCA WCRCC

Post by CRoberson »

The current date preferred by out TD at ICC is the weekend of June 24 & 25. We usually hold the event in July. If June is better for most, I am good with it.

Please state here your date preference for the event.

Charles
jdart

Re: 2017 ACCA WCRCC

Post by jdart »

I am out of town the first weekend in July. Any other dates are ok with me.

--Jon
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

The WCCC is July 1- 7. I suggest avoiding that period and a few days before and after due to travel distances. Your dates look fine.

https://icga.leidenuniv.nl/
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Given I don't like to conflict with the WCCC time frame and some travel considerations and some constraints on my time, July is not a good month for this. Also, given that I prefer to give all about 2 months prep time, that puts us at using June 24/25 as the weekend for WCRCC this year.

So, there it is. I'll put up the web pages this week.
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

The web pages are up and registration is open.
You can register via the web page and email or here in response to this post.

http://aigames.net/ACCA/ACCAWCRCC/2017A ... WCRCC.html
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

Looks interesting. Regarding this rule, "Programs by differing authors are NOT allowed to use the same opening book." does that mean to use an opening book it must be one of your own creation, i.e., not one of the freely available books since others might be using them too? What is the intent behind the rule? Thanks.
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

You can use one of your own creation or a public/private book. The registration pages lists the book info submitted at registration.
It is first come first serve for public books. We don't want this to be a book competition. It is a scientific competition as much as it is a chess competition.
That is why the hardware is completely open.
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

CRoberson wrote:We don't want this to be a book competition. It is a scientific competition as much as it is a chess competition.
In that case, why not have everyone use the same book or no book at all? (I think it would be interesting to see the big guns going at it sans opening assistance.) :)
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

CRoberson wrote:The registration pages lists the book info submitted at registration.
It is first come first serve for public books.
If it is "first come, first served" for public books, why not the same for public engines?
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

So, you are saying that people should have to create their own books too. I am ok with that. Another possibility is we all must use the same book, but
that idea is clearly bad.
hgm wrote:
CRoberson wrote:The registration pages lists the book info submitted at registration.
It is first come first serve for public books.
If it is "first come, first served" for public books, why not the same for public engines?